Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Reality XP Alive and Well?!

I just purchased for XP10 this morning, had an issue, and someone just got back to me within the hour, you can check the XP forums if you're curious.

I share your frustration though.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I can't share your excitement. The last time he disappeared all of a sudden and left his customers high and dry. What if he disappears again? You will be able to use your RXP P3D products exactly until the next P3D (or FSX:SE) update and then it's over because the software isn't compatible anmyore and requires an update from the developer!

That's certainly a valid concern, Tim.  I expect that most who've had RXP for many years as I have realize that the product had reached a point of maturity in the equally stable FSX world such that the lack of support didn't really matter.  (And, of course, we had the kind volunteer expertise of Bert Pieke to fall back on.)  The fact is, I haven't needed support for the product in years.  But you're absolutely correct that P3D and it's regular updates changes the game.  Vendor support is also critical for future plane developers.  The A2A's, RealAir's and Carenado's of the world mostly figured out RXP integration on their own.  Other vendors have sometimes punted on RXP simply because they couldn't get info from the vendor any more.

Scott

And indeed, what are the differences between the Flight1 and Reality XP GTN units, as they are all based on the Garmin trainers?

The Flight1 one can't be controlled without the mouse, the RXP one can.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

On RealityXP coming back to life...

I'd love for them to get the old classic Flightline T & N packages up to speed with FSX:SE and P3D.... I don't necessarily need or want the fancy newfangled glass (*get off my lawn, you whippersnappers!), but a nice smooth 6-pack up front is something that I very much miss.

Glad to see that some life is breathing back into the company!

I already mentioned this in another thread but a 10% discount is a very poor offering for someone that has previously purchased every one of the previous rxp products for FS9 and fsx and got no support at all for FSX SE.  I can't see having to re-purchase everything again now so I'll be passing this time.  As was also mentioned, I am very leery about future support given the disappearance in the past.  Just my 2 cents.

LouP

On 25-9-2016 at 7:13 PM, Tim-HH said:

I can't share your excitement. The last time he disappeared all of a sudden and left his customers high and dry. What if he disappears again? You will be able to use your RXP P3D products exactly until the next P3D (or FSX:SE) update and then it's over because the software isn't compatible anmyore and requires an update from the developer!

I would not want to take that risk.

Exactly. I will never buy a product from RXP again. Simple as that. Someone who has done what he has done won't ever get my money again. I am actually amazed so many people seem to want to buy this stuff. But well, I hope it all works out for you all. Enjoy.

On 9/25/2016 at 0:37 PM, MarkDH said:

The Flight1 one can't be controlled without the mouse, the RXP one can.

True.   And that makes the F1 units a real disappointment for me. 

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

I need to clarify that RXP has been in touch with me and rectified my issue.  I have not had an issue with rxp before this issue and it has been resolved as it has been in the past.  Thank you.

On 10/1/2016 at 4:07 AM, greggerm said:

I'd love for them to get the old classic Flightline T & N packages up to speed with FSX:SE and P3D.... I don't necessarily need or want the fancy newfangled glass (*get off my lawn, you whippersnappers!), but a nice smooth 6-pack up front is something that I very much miss.

The ADF was the best, smoothest rendition I have ever seen. It's modelling of ADF dip was first class and a great tool for real world practice. I hope that comes back.

David Porrett