Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Definitely an increase in performance with P3Dv3.4

I have not upgraded, but I could swear that my framerates are worse.....

That's funny... :lol: 

RE Thomason Jr.

I have not upgraded, but I could swear that my framerates are worse.....

It s most likely your cognitive functions that are in a steady decline

No upgrade for that yet

• Upvote 1

Well I am taking my first flight on 3.4 Client tonight, and frankly, I am totally surprised. The FPS are higher than I have ever seen in P3D.  Wow!!  I keep looking for something that isn't turned on, but everything is working and it is smooth as silk...   :smile:  :smile:

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Kinda cements the point why we shouldn't be spending thousands upgrading every few months in hopes of FPS because it really just boils down to bad coding from the FSX days which is finally been optimized with P3D and taking advantage of existing and even older hardware. Exciting times ahead.

Kinda cements the point why we shouldn't be spending thousands upgrading every few months in hopes of FPS because it really just boils down to bad coding from the FSX days which is finally been optimized with P3D and taking advantage of existing and even older hardware. Exciting times ahead.

"Finally" been optimized..? Uhm, oh-kay...

Well I am taking my first flight on 3.4 Client tonight, and frankly, I am totally surprised. The FPS are higher than I have ever seen in P3D.  Wow!!  I keep looking for something that isn't turned on, but everything is working and it is smooth as silk...   :smile:  :smile:

Great to hear that Bob. With the new v3.4, did you sort out the problems that you had with v3.3 and that made you stay with v3.2?

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Seems to me I have a slightly higher avg fps as well with with medium settings. I dont see any VAS issue that some are reporting. I only updated client and using the latest drivers. Still struggles at times obviously in dense major airports, but the overall feeling is a little more fluid. Definitly need an upgrade on hardware but for the time being it will have to do.

Good work LM!

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Great to hear that Bob. With the new v3.4, did you sort out the problems that you had with v3.3 and that made you stay with v3.2?

I never could fix 3.3 issues, and rolled back to 3.2,  With 3.4 no problems so far. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I am happy to report another performance upgrade in 3.4, not related to FPS, but the improvement in multi-touch capabilities. Full support now for touch screens. I can flick the toggles in both directions, Lclick and Rclick, both fully functional. Now I can say goodbye to FSX.

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10