Sign in to follow this  
Pat Mussotte

FS2CREW PMDG MD-11 in FSX-SE

Hi guys!

Does somebody know if FS2CREW MD 11 works in FSX-SE? I did not find the answer anywhere so may be it doesn't!

Best regards

Pat

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Does somebody know if FS2CREW MD 11 works in FSX-SE? I did not find the answer anywhere so may be it doesn't!

There's no reason it wouldn't.

FSX SE and MS FSX are essentially the same.

The only problem might be with the installers if you have a "side by side" MS FSX and FSX SE install together on your computer.

Thank you for your answer byork! No I've only FSX-SE :wink:

cheers

Pat

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

So, I do have steam and boxed fsx side by side.  I was able to install the MD11 by using the registry tool to change the path to the steam path.  However I can't get fscrew to install because it's looking for panel files in the fsx path.  Is there a way to fake this out so I can get the md11 fs2crew working in steam?

RIch

ATP CFII

I generally recommend against the side by side install; there's really no point to it, especially since FSX Steam is better.

The missing link in your case is the panel.cfg I think.

What you could do is just install FS2Crew MD11 into MS FSX.

Then copy the Panel.cfgs (with FS2Crew enabled) into the Steam FSX folder.

I think the problem with that approach is that I've only been able to install the MD11 in one or the other, so chose to uninstall from fsx and move the md11 to steam...  So all the panel files are in steam..  Can I copy those to fsx to satisfy the installer,and then copy back to steam?

RIch

ATP CFII

As far as the install goes, that seems to work.  But using the Start Center to activate doesn't.  It doesn't detect the MD11 presence.  Any suggestions for that?

RIch

ATP CFII

You won't be able to use the Start Center I'm afraid.

But you don't really need it.

Make whatever changes you want in FSX via the Start Center (ie., button assignments), then manually  copy the panel.cfgs to the side by side Steam version.