Sign in to follow this  
freded

FLT NO Request shows "NO ROUTES AVAILABLE"

In Tutorial 1.5, page 31 'FLIGHT PREPARATION', after entering Flt No PFO103 in LSK2R and pressing REQUEST, I am shown a message saying "NO ROUTES AVAILABLE".

Have I omitted a vital step? Or made some other error?

• Upvote 1

yes  you have  omitted  to installed the route  that came  with the download  of  the 1.5  tutorial to the 777 flight plan  folder  just maybe

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Sounds like it. I don't think I specifically called it out in the Tutorial, but I did note that the Intro and Tutorial #1 should have been read prior to #1.5 so that I didn't have to waste a bunch of time talking about all of the basic stuff. The Intro discusses the intricacies of the RTE files and how the folder structure works so that you would know what to do with the RTE file in the ZIP folder that contained the Tutorial.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks to pete_auau and scandinavian13.

I have read both the Introduction and Tutorial #1 !  But there's a great deal to memorize and I have to admit not remembering many of the details...

However, I have searched the Introduction but could not find anything telling me which folder to copy the PFO103.rte file to. Just a mention that "The .rte files are saved to <P3D root folder>\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\777". By implication, does this mean that I should have copied PFO103 to this folder after unzipping it from PMDG-777-Tutorial-1.5.zip?

In any case, I've been able to generate a Flight Plan without using PFO103 and am now on Runway 30 ready to take off. :smile:

to \PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\777". By implication, does this mean that I should have copied PFO103 to this folder after unzipping it from PMDG-777-Tutorial-1.5.zip?

yes correct 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I am concerned that the flight plan I generated (see my last posting) is problematical.

On Page 46 of Tutorial #1.5, the illustration shows RTE 1 LEGS as "SWANN - GOLDA - BROSS - STIKY...". Whereas RT 1 LEGS of the FP I generated has "720 - VECTORS - VECTORS - ROKIL - DM412...". This is so significantly different that I think I should erase it and try to replace it with PFO103.

Can a flight plan be changed when the aircraft is already on the departure runway?

Can a flight plan be changed when the aircraft is already on the departure runway?

Yes.

Kyle Rodgers

Just go  to the rte2(  you see  this option at the bottom of  the fmc  when your  in the rte1  page)  option  in the fmc  and  enter  all your  details  again to the different  destination,  if  you just talking  about  changing  rwy    simple  just go  to the fmc  and  change  the  rwy  etc  your  v  speed   will  be  deleted  and need  to  re  entered.

Also  this  wouldn't be  done  at the departure  rwy, unless  soem thing  has  drastically  gone  wrong  eg   huge  180  wind  shift

there  is  a good  section  in the fcom on  the fmc

Peter kelberg

Thanks Peter,

I've now entered the Origin & Destination in RTE 2, but when I press Route Request I still get "NO ROUTES AVAILABLE"... This in spite of having copied PFO103.RTE to PREPAR3D 3.3.5\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\777 and added PFO103 to FLT NO.

I then tried copying PFO103.RTE to PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS, but it still won't accept it.

So I'm back to square one! Why can't it find PFO103.RTE?

Thanks Peter,

I've now entered the Origin & Destination in RTE 2, but when I press Route Request I still get "NO ROUTES AVAILABLE"... This in spite of having copied PFO103.RTE to PREPAR3D 3.3.5\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\777 and added PFO103 to FLT NO.

I then tried copying PFO103.RTE to PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS, but it still won't accept it.

So I'm back to square one! Why can't it find PFO103.RTE?

Are you using FSX:SE, perhaps?

EDIT: Disregard - I was thinking of a different issue...

I've now entered the Origin & Destination in RTE 2, but when I press Route Request I still get "NO ROUTES AVAILABLE"

Why are you attempting to use RTE2 at all, actually? There's no need.

I just ran both FSX and FSX:SE and was able to load the route without issues in RTE1 (where it should be loaded - if you entered it by hand, there's no need to load a route). Are you running the sim as an administrator?

Kyle Rodgers

To: scandinavian13:-

I'm using P3D v.3.3.5.

I'm using RTE2 because I needed to change from an erroneous flight plan already loaded into RTE1 to the FP in PFO103, as suggested by pete_auau.

I am the administrator of this PC, but did not realise I had to run P3D 'as an administrator'. Is this vital?

I'm using RTE2 because I needed to change from an erroneous flight plan already loaded into RTE1 to the FP in PFO103, as suggested by pete_auau.

Simply redo RTE1, then. Go to the RTE page, and "type over" the departure field (type 'KIAD' and put it back in the departure). This resets the entire route, where you can then enter EDDM and then the rest of the route.

To be honest, I'd suggest that you fully start over, since it seems you've gotten yourself into a bit of a mess here.

I am the administrator of this PC, but did not realise I had to run P3D 'as an administrator'. Is this vital?

Yes. This is discussed in the Intro Manual. Please read it.

Kyle Rodgers

it says no routs avalable

What?

Full names in the PMDG forums please.  I recommend you state your problem clearly as a courtesy to others here that wish to help you.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hello again...

After a long break (due to multiple electronic failures in this household over the last month - I think a curse has been inflicted on us! :sad::Devil: ), I have at last been able to resume trying to fly the 777 in P3D v.3.3.5.

Starting with a saved Flight (= 'Scenario') with the A/C parked at KIAD Gate C2 and engines shut down, I am working through Tutorial 1.5.

Beginning on Page 26: "SETTING OURSELVES UP FOR THE TURN", and moving on to Page 28: "SHUT DOWN AT GATE C2", I have gone carefully through Pages 28-30, reaching Page 31: "FLIGHT PREPARATION". I have inserted the GPS position in the "SET INERTIAL POS" field of the INIT REF page. Then I have gone to the RTE page (which came up as RTE 1  1/2) entered 'PFO103' in the "FLT NO" field and pressed "<REQUEST". Of course, I had previously entered KIAD in Origin and EDDM in Dest.

The result is exactly the same as last time - "NO ROUTES AVAILABLE"... So I'm stymied again!

What is going on?