Sign in to follow this  
freded

FLT NO Request shows "NO ROUTES AVAILABLE"

The common problem is the flightplan .rte file that came with the Tutorial was not copied to PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\777

Did you check the contents of that folder?

Dan Downs KCRP

Once you have unzipped the download, do a cut/paste of PFO103.rte to the folder mentioned in Dan Downs post above.

Yes, after unzipping the download, I copied PFO103.rte to Prepar 3D 3.3.5\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\777.

In case this file is corrupted, here are its size: 8854 bytes and date/time: 24 Oct 2014/9:40:24 AM, so you can compare with your own copies.

The first several lines of the file are:-

PMDGFMC *5.2*

KIAD
KIAD
-
DIRECT
1 N 38.9474 W 77.4599 286
-----

- 286 -1000000 -1000000
- -1e+006
0 0 0 0
X
0 0 0
0 -1000000 0 0
0 -1000000 0 0
0 -1000000 0 0
0 -1000000 0 0
-1000000 -1000000 0

dtobase
dtobase
-
DIRECT
1 N 38.9474 W 77.4599 286
X
0 0 0
0 -1000000 0 0
0 -1000000 0 0
0 -1000000 0 0
0 -1000000 0 0
-1000000 -1000000 0

SWANN
SWANN

- etc., etc.

For some reason the FMC appears unable to access this file.

just downloaded,   and  is  the  same  as  yours

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Either of you running the EMT?

Kyle if  you referring  to me no iam not iam on fsx  all I was referring  to is  that I got  the same  info  as in post 18 not  that I got  any issues  at all :)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Kyle if  you referring  to me no iam not iam on fsx  all I was referring  to is  that I got  the same  info  as in post 18 not  that I got  any issues  at all :)

Ah - got it. Thanks!

Kyle Rodgers

For some reason the FMC appears unable to access this file.

This is odd but for some reason on my system the PAO103 needs to be line selected to the Flight No. Try that and execute it. The legs pages are then filled out after that.

This is odd but for some reason on my system the PAO103 needs to be line selected to the Flight No. Try that and execute it. The legs pages are then filled out after that.

Not sure what you mean by this. This is what the tutorial instructs you to do.

Kyle Rodgers

Not sure what you mean by this. This is what the tutorial instructs you to do.

I never read that part of the tutorial. I always type in the scratchpad what PFPX exports and then line select it to the co-route. That is why it seemed odd.

I never read that part of the tutorial. I always type in the scratchpad what PFPX exports and then line select it to the co-route. That is why it seemed odd.

Don't understand what "PFPX" is.

Does the CO ROUTE have to be entered as well as FLT NO before REQUEST is clicked? Because I have not entered CO ROUTE yet...

Don't understand what "PFPX" is.

Does the CO ROUTE have to be entered as well as FLT NO before REQUEST is clicked? Because I have not entered CO ROUTE yet...

No. flight number only. Are you using the EMT?

Kyle Rodgers

Excuse my ignorance, but I don't know what EMT is - so I can't say whether I'm using it or not.

Also, again, what is PFPX?

Excuse my ignorance, but I don't know what EMT is - so I can't say whether I'm using it or not.

Also, again, what is PFPX?

EMT is the Estonian Migration Tool. It makes a mess of your registry. It tells the registry this is that and that is this. It makes programs for FSX run in P3D. Don't touch it with a ten foot pole.

PFPX is a good flight planner. I use it for every flight I fly. All of my routes are stored in PFPX. I have no routes saved for the T7 in any PMDG folders.

When I tried to line select PAO103 to CO ROUTE, it went to FLIGHT NO. I tried it three times and it always ended up in FLIGHT NO. I don't think you need to enter anything in CO ROUTE. Just follow the steps in order as they are detailed at the top of page 31.

A hunch; "Prepar 3D 3.3.5\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\777"? this folder name could confuse some programs. Uninstall PMDG, uninstall P3D, Install P3D into default folder, add Modify permission for the Users group on that folder, install PMDG, copy your .rte files into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS" and they can be used by the 737 as well.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com