Sign in to follow this  
Shermann

Freeze and no error

Hi everyone, today i am going to explain one very odd problems, with my ideas about the cause and a request about the most experts.

Lately i am flying only with the fslab A320. To fly my controlls is a saitex X52 with saitek rudder pedals  all calibrated with FSUIPC. Yesterday i decided to fly the NGX. The NGX and the 777 are always calibrated thru fsuipc but this time i have a saitek yoke. The saitek yoke dosnt have the saitek trottles installed anymore as they broke. and one switches seems to be always on infact hen i switched on the plane the trim was always moving up like getting an input but when i moved the switch down nothing happened so i assigned the trim function to another switch. Now the problem yesterday i selected the 737 and once on the stad i stared to set up the plane soon the sound stop the mouse freeze no sound and all frozen i click CTRL+ALT+DEL and without even open thhe task manager FSX-Se closed and no error in the event viewer. I tried many times nd always the same problem. Today i tried with the 777 and again the same problem. Wht i noticed is that when i have not assigned a profile to the plane , in this case the prfile is boeing, the plane seems not to freeze,when i assign the profile , boeing , the plane after a while freeze. Of course it never happened this before and it is only something i noticed. Anyway what can cause this problem? Possible it is a problem with sounds? o what can cause this problem? i noticed again that Fs2crew RAAS had problems with something related to sound and i had to disinstall. Another thing i had in mind is it possible this problemis caused by net framwork or some directx , o vc++ something? i forgot to write that i run FSX-SE on windows 7-64 and in Full windowed mode and with DX10 preview using Steve's Fix. Running DXdiag, then 64bit , in the sound1 tab i have this error: The file CMUAC.sys is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL).  You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.

Can this be the cause? 

Thanks to whoever can give me an hint about the problem.

You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.
Can this be the cause?

No.  Unless you just installed the Beta drivers and the freezes started right after that.  Microsoft has this thingy with WHQL drivers and it is there way of trying to get the developer to update their drivers.  Of course the sound still works. 

I'm confused as to what the FSUIPC module is doing.  The controllers were calibrated through FSUIPC but have you assigned functions other than the trim function.  The FSUIPC module is most likely the cause if you are assigning functions as I see crashes and freezes all of the time when someone tries to use the functions within the FSUIPC.  If not done properly, you could have a call that is not working properly so you sim freezes up.  You can, of course, disable fsuipc and let the sim handle the controllers and, if no freezes, then it was the fsuipc utility not be properly configured.  You will need to go to our Hardware Controller forum and see if anyone has settings for your controllers or to see if you are programming them properly.

You can also check out the AVSIM CTD Guide which provides guidance for you to fix the problem yourself.  Starting on page 10, there's a section entitled, "How to Fix Most Crashes/Freezes".

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi , Thanks for your reply. I Dont know what causes the problem. If FSuipc or the controller itself. In the bus i have calibrated everything and the tiller is the Yoke of the saitek. So i suppose if the yoke of the saitek is the problem i shuld have problems withthe bus as well. Now i have noticed that the yoke of the saitek is calibrated as tiller and of course following fslab istruction so apparently out of FSUIPC. Then one button only. The Airbus and all planes assigned to this profile have no problems. The Boeing profile is the same i have always calibrated in the same way. So Gear, flaps aileron, and elevator nothingese as the other like spoilers and thrttles are the one of the X52. So i am really confused if th causse can be the saitek yoke or the Fscuipc setting but it is the same setting i am doing since years.

yesterday , just to give a try , i did not disable FSuipc but i flew with the FSLAB A320. This plane has assigned  profile with the X52 and i took off and landed normally without any freeze and any CTD. The problem occurs only when the prfileassignedis the one with the Saitek Yoke.

The problem occurs only when the prfileassignedis the one with the Saitek Yoke.

Make sure you have the latest update for the Yoke.  I am not familiar with profiles for yokes and other controllers so you will need to ask someone in our Controller Hardware Forum (or maybe someone knowledgeable will respond here!!).

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

when i talk of profile i mean FSCUPC the ini file separate profiles as i tick the specific aircraft option

It appears you have found the issue causing your crashes/freezes.  Now you need to isolate and figure out what you are doing wrong when selecting a profile for a specific aircraft.  I have never used the fsuipc to handle my Saitek controller/throttle.  Hope you can get some help from our members who have experience.  If not, you will have to post your problem with the developer in his forums.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM