Sign in to follow this  
Nickdj

FS gives error on startup Urgent help

Hey guys,Havent played the game for a while and when i start her up FS09 gives an error about 10sec after pressing the icon....now i have no idea why this is suddenly happening so can anyone please help meThis is what the error report is saying:' AppName: fs9.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.30612 ModName: man.dllModver: 9.0.0.30612 Offset: 000135d9"hope someone can helpcheersnick

Guest firehawk44

I believe the ModName should be main.dll. There is no "man.dll" in the module folder. In any case, I could find no solution doing a search within this forum with "main.dll". A couple other simmers received a similar error msg but the problem occurred in FS2K2 or FS98 or they didn't post a fix for their problem. Microsoft came up with a solution for the error message in FS98 and you can find it here to see if it applies to you: http://wwwtest.sunsite.org.uk/sites/ftp.mi...-us/195/518.HTM. I would recommend copying the main.dll off of the original CD's and putting it in your module folder. Since you haven't ran FS9 for some time, you may also try removing or renaming FS9.cfg, restarting the sim, and let the program rebuild FS9.cfg as it could have gotten corrupted. Hope this helps.Jim

Hey,Deleted the FS09.cfg and that didnt do anythingReplaced the main.dll file from cd and that didnt do anything(yeh it says MAIN.dll in error report not man..sory typo)im totally clueless here.. :(

Guest firehawk44

Sorry nothing worked. I see you haven't upgraded to FS9.1. You might try that and see if that fixes your problem. You can download the update here: http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/downloads.asp. Also, did you recently update your video card drivers? Many times corrupted video card drivers cause startup problems for FS9.Jim

cant even install the update....seriously something wrong here:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/133144.jpgGives error during update staying cant install...Also, i removed the main.dll from the folder...then FSgives another error; terrain.dll I remove that one and it gives another error visualFX.dll if i remove that one it says (by modname) unknown...something seriously messed up here...help :(

reinstall...Might also need to repair or reinstall your Windows installation, could be something more seriously wrong than a faulty file in FS somewhere.

To keep all my AI and updates i just dont remove them right? Just simply re-instal and that would keep my AI etc? cause i have alot of addons...

Guest firehawk44

Unfortunately you can't simply reinstall without uninstalling FS9 first. The install program won't let you. I would copy all your addon's to a temp folder, uninstall, reinstall and, if the sim starts up successfully, add the addon's.Jim

Guest allcott

>Unfortunately you can't simply reinstall without uninstalling>FS9 first. The install program won't let you. I would copy all>your addon's to a temp folder, uninstall, reinstall and, if>the sim starts up successfully, add the addon's.>>JimThats not right. You can easily reinstall FS by renaming the FS folder to FS2004OLD or something, renaming the FS9.exe to FS9.exe.old and the installation will then proceed. Install to the same location as your old FS location, then simply copy back the files you want. It is recommended to install the FS9.1 update to a vanilla install of FS, BEFORE you start moving things back, because when you do you absolutely, positively do not want to overwrite one of the old system files with the new ones! Move things back a few at a time.Allcott

Okaythanks guys ill give that a try later this week bit tired from work :) hehecheers!Nick

Guest firehawk44

"Thats not right. You can easily reinstall FS by renaming the FS folder to FS2004OLD or something, renaming the FS9.exe to FS9.exe.old and the installation will then proceed."Thanks Allcott. That certainly is another way to do it! My "recommendation" will work too.Jim