Sign in to follow this  
Jerad

FsDreamteam KLAX or KLAS?

Which of these is higher quality? I was looking at screenshots on FSDTs website, and these airports look kinda outdated graphically.

I want both of these airports, but is it worth buying right now, or are they planning on updating these airports?

I read somewhere that KLAS is getting updated in the future sometime, so if I were to buy it now- would I get the updated version free when it comes out?

Right now I have KPHX by Flightbeam, and the quality is so darn good that KLAS or KLAX might look un-appealing to me.

So would it be best to wait on KLAS-KLAX to be updated to HD remakes? Maybe buy KDEN or KSFO instead for the meantime?

Get both! visuals are great and they run well. I have KSFOHD, when compared to LAS and LAX, SFO appears to be more crisp. With that said, SFO HD is newer.

Which of these is higher quality? I was looking at screenshots on FSDTs website, and these airports look kinda outdated graphically.

I want both of these airports, but is it worth buying right now, or are they planning on updating these airports?

I read somewhere that KLAS is getting updated in the future sometime, so if I were to buy it now- would I get the updated version free when it comes out?

Right now I have KPHX by Flightbeam, and the quality is so darn good that KLAS or KLAX might look un-appealing to me.

So would it be best to wait on KLAS-KLAX to be updated to HD remakes? Maybe buy KDEN or KSFO instead for the meantime?

I found KLAX to be higher quality but also it has much poorer performance on my system. KLAS has less going on but runs better IMO. I was running them in FSX. 

LAX is newer, so it will be better visually.  It is also already HD (4096 textures.)  However, FSDreamteam is coming out with a new version with LAS which should have all of the major changes that the airport has undergone over the past 5 years.

I just get them all but I prefer KLAX over KLAS as it is a busier airport. Performance isn't an issue for me as I am running it with ORBX Base, Vector and Landclass and it works fine with that scenery configuration, I have also ran it with UTX and GEX and that performs well too, all depends on your preference for ORBX or Flight1 scenery but both perform well enough. Running it with ORBX SCA will slow things down considerably, especially with PMDG aircraft.

KLAS has some elevation issues as the runways are sloped so you may need to patch it depending on what regional scenery you are using. 

Matthew Kane

Get KLAX and wait for the KLAS updated version.

Btw, KLAX runs fine on my system usually getting around 30 FPS in the PMDG 778 using 80% UT2 traffic and MegaScenery Los Angles.

It's also pretty much up to date and is crisp and clean. A cool feature is that the entrance arches to LAX also change color during the night as in real life and it's cool to watch in the sim.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

FSDT are updating LAS and ORD some time in the future. Get Flightbeam SFO and FSDT LAX and hop between them. And Taxi2Gate SEA. if you have Orbx regions it makes the scenery much better (but harder on fps and vas)