Sign in to follow this  
vasanta

Virtual cockpit with wrong nose color in some liveries

Dear team,

I had some longer flights with the DC 6 this weekend and as you know, you start looking around when there isn't much to do, even in the DC 6.

I noticed that for example in the Empress of Suva Livery for the cargo version, the nose color when seen from the virtual cockpit is black, while in the livery it is white. This does not occur on the passenger versions (e.g. blue nose like in SAS, UTA, PAA). Is there a specific part within the paintkits that needs to be whitened extra from the standard fuselage color of the nose? 

This is a rather small bug, however, is there a solution anyways?

I even have the impression that this only occus in the cargo variant. Is texture mapping that different in that version?

OK, got it. The trick is to provide not only a "pmdg_dc6cxp_fuselage.png" file within the liveries folder but also a "pmdg_dc6xp_fuselage" file. Obviously, the VC nose model is derived from the DC6B variant and searches for the standard fuselage file of the DC6B. When not finding it, the model loads the default PMDG-texture (with a black nose).

So, I copied "pmdg_dc6cxp_fuselage.png" and named it "pmdg_dc6xp_fuselage.png" within the empress of suva livery. Fixed.