Sign in to follow this  
ivatt

SPAD does not see Saitek panels

Hi, as a result of issues with x-plane 10.50 I have been looking at my connections for my Saitek Multi Panel/Radio Panel and CH Pedals.

With FSX I have these all working through the Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Yoke usb hub. 

Yesterday I connected these to a 7 way AC/DC powered hub as it looked as if x-plane had a power issue when connected the way above and I wanted to have everything the same and not have to keep fiddling with usb leads.

However, when I started FSX SPAD reported no panels connected. Checked all the leads and tried it a few times with same result to reverted back to Saitek Cessna Yoke as the hub and all working OK.

Anyone care to offer advice as to why SPAD doesn't recognise the panels when connected to the powered usb.

Also, is there any benefit to fitting an AC/DC power adaptor to Saitek yoke.

Thanks

Chris

Plane 11.53 (64 Bit) MSFS 2020
ASUSTeK PRIME H310M-E2.0
Intel Core i5 9400F @ 2.90Ghz
16 GBytes DDR4 DRAM Latency 1200.8 MHz
Radeon RX 570 Series 8 GBytes GDDR5

Hi Chris,

Obvious first two questions are;  1) Is the hub being recognized by Windows? 2) Have you plugged anything other than the panels into the hubs to insure it will be recognized?

On the final question; plugging a power supply into the Saitek yoke simply turns it into a powered hub, which insures anything plugged into it has sufficient power.

Ernest Pergrem

Hi, thanks or the reply.

1) Yes other devices are plugged into the hub.

2) If that is the case it begs the question of whether if the panels are not seen by SPAD on the powered hub would they be seen if the Saitek yoke was powered.

I have read somewhere that both the multi and radio panels need 500mA of power hence my interest in a psu for the yoke. My own AC/DC powered hub is rated at 1000mA.

Chris

ASUSTeK PRIME H310M-E2.0

Hi Chris,

A couple other things then I'm pretty much out of ideas.

I'm on Windows 7, so yours may be different, but do the panels show up in devices and printers? 

devicesb7bce.jpg

If so, and SPAD still doesn't recognize them you might give the Saitek plugins a try to see if they work. 

They work similar to SPAD in that you need to insert an entry into EXE.XML and they run only when FSX/P3D is running.  You can't customize anything, but at least you'll know if it's the hub or SPAD.

Sorry that I can't offer more.. Good luck,

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

"Also, is there any benefit to fitting an AC/DC power adaptor to Saitek yoke." 

Yes.  I had two Yokes go bad because I was using all the USB ports on them without the AC adapter.  I was not aware it was required.  But I actually went to Madcatz a few years back and they swapped out my two yokes (very nice of them), and the manager there said one definitely needs the AC adapter.  He said Saitek should have included them back then. So he threw in couple of those for me as well.

So be sure to get one.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

W10 update this week has trashed my Saitek THQ and the drivers won't now install and it isn't recognised. Not alone in that, and at the moment there is no known fix, There may be something similar going on with you.

Rob Jones.

Just a quick update to say I have connected a PSU to my yoke and the Saitek panels are working OK so loks like it was my powered usb hub that was the problem.

Thanks for all the replies.

ASUSTeK PRIME H310M-E2.0