Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Not Happy With Jetline Systems Right Now

Hi Everyone,

I find it hard to believe that a multiple computer build given to Jetline Systems (after all the rave reviews I read) at a cost of $10,500.00 would result in simple items (like drivers) not getting installed at all. I just spent the better part of two days isolating and correcting something that never should of been allowed to leave their workbench.

As I have posted here and on other sites, the main server visual computer kept rebooting once it was hooked up, I was told by Ken to unplug the unit for ten minutes and then plug it back in. This worked once and never again. I finally isolated the problem to "ANY" USB device that I hooked up to the server, as it turns out they never installed the USB drivers.

I've since found a few other issues on the left and center visual computers as well, you would think at a price of over ten grand they would pay more attention to detail and TEST the unit before shipping. Last thing on my mind was a driver issue due to non-installation, I was thinking of using them to install my wrap around screen, but I do not have any faith in their ability to get the job done right without me having to correct any issues missed by them.

Don't get me wrong, Ken is a nice guy. But attention to detail should be priority one, how do you miss drivers... That should of been done as soon as Windows was finished installing.

I need some sleep, been up for a VERY long time working this out.

Needless to say, I'm not a happy camper right now!

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Don't get me wrong, Ken is a nice guy. But attention to detail should be priority one, how do you miss drivers... That should of been done as soon as Windows was finished installing.

Agree, it's shoddy.

I suppose, given the number of PC's they must build at any one time, "attention to detail" is neglected.

Precisely why I always build myself.

Precisely why I always build myself.

Same here. If you build the system on your own it is cheaper and you know exactly what is going on under the hood because you installed all components (hardware and software) yourself.

• Upvote 2

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I'd be sending them back for a refund personally, or at least an invoice for your time

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

Maybe finding out the cause of the ommision(s) might be a good place to start. I've not heard negative comments of Jetline before. Let's see how they plan to prevent a re-occurance.

I would like to see a member of the Jetline team come over to AVSIM and respond to Mike's comments. 

I have been buying my machines from a company near Seattle and am considering Jetline for my next purchase.  Before I make my final decision I would like to see what and how Jetline handles Mike's issues.   :smile:  

blausten                                                                                                              

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Jetline has always been good to me. I'm sure they will get to the bottom of it. Maybe they need to do a second test as surely someone dropped the ball and missed a few things. Hang in there.   Josh

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Hi,

Well, even more issues with Jetline Systems. I sent them all my registration information so the items can be installed in the new systems. Well, they installed FSDreamteam airports, Flightbeam airports and ORBX. That's it, they failed to install the rest of my addons, that includes all my FlyTampa addons, Imagine Simulations addons, Latin VFR addons, Taxi2Gate addons, TROPICALSIM addons, My Traffic Professional 6 addon and PrecipitFX.

Guess once I finish fixing the boot issue it will be on to installing everything they missed.

Never Again Jetline Systems!

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Well, even more issues with Jetline Systems

Mike,

I hate to read you are having trouble, I was sure hoping this would go smooth for you. :smile:

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Very odd Mike, I've had good contact with Jetline Systems, very helpful and informative ... but I was only ordering a Virtual Fly TQ6 thru them and not a system build.

I sent them all my registration information so the items can be installed in the new systems. Well, they installed FSDreamteam airports, Flightbeam airports and ORBX. That's it, they failed to install the rest of my addons, that includes all my FlyTampa addons, Imagine Simulations addons, Latin VFR addons, Taxi2Gate addons, TROPICALSIM addons, My Traffic Professional 6 addon and PrecipitFX.

This seems strange, I've never heard of any vendor doing this type of work?  Did they invoice you specifically for this in an itemized cost breakdown?

As I have posted here and on other sites, the main server visual computer kept rebooting once it was hooked up, I was told by Ken to unplug the unit for ten minutes and then plug it back in. This worked once and never again. I finally isolated the problem to "ANY" USB device that I hooked up to the server, as it turns out they never installed the USB drivers.

This is another item that doesn't make sense to me?  Not sure what OS you had installed, but Windows7 and Windows10 will have generic USB drivers installed as part of the OS ... but regardless, not having USB drivers installed should NOT trigger a reboot cycle, that's usually an overclocking issue.

Cheers, Rob.

Hope that you get your sim up and running soon , feel with you

Sh---- can happen , but Ihis is to much

Hi Rob,

I have Windows 7pro, I don't know how they missed that yellow !, but they did. I've since installed the USB driver but the reboot (happens 9 out of 10 times) still occurs when USB's are plugged in.

Jetlinereg.jpg

This is another item that doesn't make sense to me? Not sure what OS you had installed, but Windows7 and Windows10 will have generic USB drivers installed as part of the OS ... but regardless, not having USB drivers installed should NOT trigger a reboot cycle, that's usually an overclocking issue.

Cheers, Rob.

Hate to jump in here without knowing the entire story but just from my quick look at the email it could be interpreted to mean that Ken wanted to install some representative applications for testing purposes. So once Orbx and a few airports were installed and tested they didn't need to install any more. However, that doesn't explain why My Traffic and PrecipitFX weren't installed and tested. 

But it's gonna rock once you do get it up and running!

Hi,

That's not how I read it. He wanted all my registration info so he would know "everything is perfectly smooth across the large visual with EVERYTHING INSTALLED and working " Key word in his sentence is the word everything.

Hate to jump in here without knowing the entire story but just from my quick look at the email it could be interpreted to mean that Ken wanted to install some representative applications for testing purposes. So once Orbx and a few airports were installed and tested they didn't need to install any more. However, that doesn't explain why My Traffic and PrecipitFX weren't installed and tested. 

But it's gonna rock once you do get it up and running!

Have you Usb hub.s , X99 chipsets is wellknown to have problems with Asmedia usb 3.1

The Broadwell Memory controller is little tricky , very sensitive to mems even at low memspeed or XMP.

Not familiar with the MSI board , asus not recomend to run the Extreme V with Broadwell you can do it but the board is not optimized for it , can be the same for MSI