Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Not Happy With Jetline Systems Right Now

USB devices can cause odd problems including rebooting when attempting to add another device. So for example you can have a situation whereby one USB device already installed satisfactorily may require deactivating before another device can get its driver installed, or the PC can reboot as a consequence. So you could have something plugged in that Windows detects and try's to install the driver for and the install fails and reboots the PC due to some other device still active.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

USB devices can cause odd problems including rebooting when attempting to add another device. So for example you can have a situation whereby one USB device already installed satisfactorily may require deactivating before another device can get its driver installed, or the PC can reboot as a consequence. So you could have something plugged in that Windows detects and try's to install the driver for and the install fails and reboots the PC due to some other device still active.

I have also experienced this. Sometimes I have had similar issues with Windows 7 and 8 where even when Windows install the drivers for me (which is should automatically as Rob said) I have had activation issues when swapping USB devices on them. 

I personally dont own a Jetline, but I have heard great things about their products and service for years. Unfortunately, everyone is subject to flukes, and this may have just been one given the complexity of the task. Hope you get it squared away! 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Asus does have a problem with their Rampage V Extreme motherboard around USB output voltage, it falls below USB tolerance/spec right around (even with powered hubs) 20-22 devices (even more so if you plug in any devices that supports charging like a Nexus or iPad for FMC duty) depending on the devices used -- I've measured this with a DROK USB physical monitoring device you plug into USB ports and also with HDD Software USB monitor software which will expose some of the low level issues with Asus USB ports and devices connected to it.  

To avoid the Intel USB 3.0 limit (which you can hit with just 12 USB devices) you need to set the EFI to operate legacy USB 2.0 (basically turns your USB 3.0 ports into USB 2.0 ports).

But I'll still maintain that the boot issue an OC issue that needs to be resolved in BIOS ... but it is possible the USB power draw is the source of the trigger.

Give Jetline Systems a chance to resolve, it'll be best for everyone all around if you do ... I know it can be frustrating especially given the cash outlay.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: but there again, I run my 5960X at 1.5v when running P3D which many of the experts say is going to kill my CPU, yet over 1 year later and the CPU is running very well, beyond my expectations and no boot or lockups or BSODs.  So long as the CPU/VRM/PCH temps are kept low, the CPU will be fine (in P3D - my temps are 112F to 122F CPU with VRM and PCH about 10-12 F lower.

Hi,

The visual server computer has three USB devices plugged into it, the Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse dongle, my yoke and Jetmax throttle quad, that's it. One of the reasons I decided to pay someone to build these computers is because I can't be bothered building them and then troubleshooting any issues that arise.

• Upvote 1

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,

The visual server computer has three USB devices plugged into it, the Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse dongle, my yoke and Jetmax throttle quad, that's it. One of the reasons I decided to pay someone to build these computers is because I can't be bothered building them and then troubleshooting any issues that arise.

As you stated, you're dealing with a multi PC system and P3D software based on 10 year old programming architecture. You better learn to troubleshoot and accept the fact that you are going to have to do it as a flight simmer. That's just part of it, regardless of who puts your PCs together. Peripherals and third party software include errors and troubleshooting at no extra charge, as most simmers have experienced.

As a long time customer of Jetline Systems, and satisfied owner of multiple Jetline flight sim PCs, I would have to speculate that your multi-PC setup is still a work in progress and that there are kinks that need to be worked out before it is "complete"....like ALL flight simulation PC builds. Considering that you dropped some serious cash on a sim build, even though Jetline works on projects much larger in scope and much more costly than yours, I would bet my brand new 6700k build that you are at the top of their priority list. It also wouldn't surprise me if they send one of the owners out to assist you in person to get your new sim operating smoother than a Swiss watch - should you seek help from them. I know that they have done this for customers in the past. Aside from building superior flight simulation platforms, Jetline is also known for supplying customer service at the highest level imaginable. Give them a chance to fix you up before you cry wolf on the internet.

Having owned multiple Jetline PCs over several years, issues certainly arose with my systems that I didn't always know how to address. The guys at Jetline always fixed me up in a better than timely manner. As a frequent customer myself, I can vouch for those guys and guarantee that they will do the same for you. I can also guarantee that you will be blown away with your purchase once you're fixed up and simming on all 8 cylinders.

Trust the pros to handle it and send us some screenies once you're giggling like a kid on Christmas in the NGX at FL350.

@ Mike_CFII_MEL

Honestly, I can understand you are having some issues with your setup. With a build like yours and associated costs, no doubt this is not a typical run of the mill setup jetline put together for you. As a Jetline customer myself of 3 years, knowing several others personally who own them, and having 2 more systems coming in the next 6 months (one for my son), I can honestly tell you there is no better way to go other than doing this build yourself. Greg & Ken always go the mile to ensure everything they build is top notch and the customer always satisfied in the end at least with the folks I know and my experiences. Based on what I see here, Ken is still in the process of assisting you and I am highly confident the issues you state will be resolved.

That said, it's really not fair nor prudent to go on various forums badmouthing these guys the way you have been doing. I first came across your post over at the Night Environment forum and now I see you doing it here as well. I have no idea how many places you have posted your frustrations but is it really all that necessary? Are you trying to put them out of business or something? What are you trying to accomplish here?

Yes you are having some issues but the way you title your threads, it's as if they sold you a lemon and told you to screw off. And if that were the case, i'd be right behind you. But they are clearly trying to ratify the situation and I say let them. They stand by their brand and I can personally attest to the quality of their work and customer service. I say continue working with them. You spent a good deal here and I know the guys will get you flying in those virtual skies happily and when you do, I really hope you come back here and update us on the resolve and show off what sounds like a super kickass setup. 

Even with the issues you are having, I am super jealous. 

New member one post ... Have seen this before at another forum a couple of years ago...

At that time a big name in flightsim hardware " motorizized throttles " try this without sucsess...

Anyway you send the X99 system to them for optimation , is it USB or OC related dosent matter.

You get a unstable PC from them...

Hello,

Let me start by saying the entire story has not been posted here in the forums (that is for me and Ken), and as I have stated I'm sure Ken is a nice guy based on my conversations with him. This has nothing to do with Ken personally, it's business. If Ken wants to come here and gives the OK I'll post the other issues I have, right now it will be kept off the forums because I believe it could of been a few bad decisions back to back. But rest assured this is "NOT" the only issue with my purchase!.

I'm sure it will get worked out as soon as Ken and I get back to working on the system. As far as bad mouthing Jetline Systems, all I'm doing is stating facts based on my "FIRST TIME" experience with this company. If you spent over 10 grand and have experienced what I have you'd be a little miffed as well.

I've been flight simming since before the internet, I am well away of the pitfalls associated with flight simming and hardware/software issues that can arise. Hence that is not the only issue.

Also as a matter of fact, and this still holds true today. I invited him and his family to stay at our guest house to use the pool while Ken and I enjoy some time in the simulator, he is three hours away in Tampa.

This as I have said is business, nothing else and/or no hidden agenda. I even go so far and say I was venting based on my experience, I'm sure I can eventually figure out the USB issue. Heck, I've built all my systems except this last group from Jetline. It's because I'm 55 and I want to SIM, not troubleshoot computers anymore. That's why I wanted to pay someone else to go through the growing pains of a new computer build, setup and overclock. I have no problem troubleshooting my flightdeck, I just don't want to build computers anymore.

• Upvote 1

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Not too why this 'naming & shaming' has actually been posted..

Maybe, instead of being 'miffed', :sad: & :Talking Ear Off: & :Cry: , you should enter into a more constructive dialogue with Ken, instead of dissing his company here. It's really not going to improve things!

Wow :shok: , in our local currency (South African Rands), that is equivilant to R 150 000.00!, thats about 120 hours of PPL flying, to put it into perspective. :Money Eyes: 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Hey Mike,

I totally understand your frustration. The problem here is yes there is a bigger story to tell and you are only posting a portion of it which makes all this one sided & incomplete and quite frankly, we don't need to know. This is your business. But for them to come on here and address it brings a private matter public which really isn't going to progress your situation and likely only make things worse. Not to mention the entertainment fodder for readers here. Why you are posting this all over the internet including on other forums that have nothing to do with PC hardware is beyond me. You are upset and that much is clear. I simply think you are going about all of this the wrong way. You spent quite a bit of your hard earned money here and that has come with some very high expectations. Fair enough. If I were in your shoes and I spent 10 grand and was having issues, I'd let the people I contracted to do the job do everything in their power to ratify any issues before publicly bringing it to light while not even giving the whole story.

You may not think you are shaming but you really are and if you have any respect for them, you will stop. This is all one sided and how can they be expected to defend themselves when you are posting your experiences across the internet. They would have to respond in several forums when in actually, all of this should be behind closed doors to begin with. 

Either way I think you used some poor judgement here and I don't want to point fingers but in good faith I think you should close these topics you have opened and reopen them when the issues are either resolved or you reached a final decision in the matter. But this appears to be ongoing so I say iron out the issues with them now while all this is new and enjoy your toys worry free for the next several years knowing they will still be around to help should the need arise. 

You seem like a wise man Mike and clearly you have some significant accomplishments in your life to be able to drop $10,000 on your passion. Give it some time. Besides, flight simulation wonderful as it is, is a pain in the &@($*. including it's relationship to hardware. We all know this and no matter how good or bad you feel jetline is, you're never going to escape that fact. 

• Upvote 3

@ Mike_CFII_MEL

As a Jetline customer myself of 3 years, knowing several others personally who own them, and having 2 more systems coming in the next 6 months (one for my son), I can honestly tell you there is no better way to go other than doing this build yourself. Greg & Ken always go the mile to ensure everything they build is top notch and the customer always satisfied in the end at least with the folks I know and my experiences.

I'm a afraid you and your friends are a VERY small sample. It means nothing. Precisely why Mike and anyone else who has had issues SHOULD post about it in forums. How else do you expect enthusiasts to get a true picture of the companies worth?

That said, it's really not fair nor prudent to go on various forums badmouthing these guys the way you have been doing. I first came across your post over at the Night Environment forum and now I see you doing it here as well. I have no idea how many places you have posted your frustrations but is it really all that necessary? Are you trying to put them out of business or something? What are you trying to accomplish here?

I'm sorry but that's just plain wrong, wrong on so many levels Mike and anyone else having issues with a company is perfectly entitled to discuss it with other enthusiasts on forums... and it's right he should do. Has he posted on "in your opinion" too many forums"? Who knows, I'm not sure how we define too many forums. but that's how the rest of us get an impression of a company, how we decide if they should be trusted with our business or not, we disseminate that information on forums. Mike is actually providing us with a vital service when he either praises a company or criticises them. Both we require as consumers!

I notice you don't hesitate to praise the company and don't have any issues with others praising the company, and I'm sure you don't care how many forums we post that praise on, it appears it's just bad experiences you want to sensor! Well no, I'm sorry my friend, for you to kindly allow positive comments but censor any negative comments is highly hypocritical.

What Mike is, as you put it, "trying to accomplish here" is to provide feedback on this company. Which is precisely what he should do!!! And I'm absolutely sure he will provide positive feedback if and when the company rectify these issues. 

They stand by their brand and I can personally attest to the quality of their work and customer service.

A sample size of one... means nothing. Thus, ALL opinions, both Mike's and the opinions of others, plus the positive opinions we have seen before regarding this company MUST be shared with all of us so we can form at least a semblance of an accurate impression of the company. 

So is it just forums you want to censor? What about the negative and positive opinions of others on , for example, Amazon or any other companies website? Would you like to ban all negative comments there too? 

and I know the guys will get you flying in those virtual skies happily

No you don't KNOW that, you assume that. The rest of us will await the outcome of Mike's endeavours to resolve the issues. If he returns with more negative comments, then great, very valuable, thanks Mike. If he returns with the situation resolved and his faith in the company restored, then great, very valuable, thanks Mike.

Sorry to give you a hard time, but you are opposing a vital requirement, we enthusiast need feedback both positive and negative from guys like Mike!

• Upvote 6

when in actually, all of this should be behind closed doors to begin with.

Your opinions baffle me. Why don't you contact Amazon, or the multitude of other companies that have websites and demand that all the negative customer feedback be immediately deleted?

It doesn't matter if it's an enthusiasts forum, or the feedback section of a companies website.... all opinions both positive AND negative are VITAL!"

You have defended this company to the hilt, and goner out of your way to deter any negative impressions... I'm sure you aren't connected to them, but that may pass through some peoples minds.

The bottom line is that just as you have posted your NEGATIVE opinions of Mike's approach extensively on this forum and attempted to dissuade him from criticising the company... Mike is thus, perfectly entitled to do the same and post his negative impressions of the company in question. 

• Upvote 2

I'm finding this "angry defence" of Jetline from a couple of posters rather suspicious too; it's fair enough to say you've had good experiences yourself and proffer advice, but quite another to try and silence those with opposing views and call them wrong without reason.

The deferential, untouchable, and beyond reproach demigod attitude certain companies enjoy from some quarters is NOT healthy for the community.

• Upvote 2

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I'm finding this "angry defence" of Jetline from a couple of posters rather suspicious too. It's one thing to say you've had good experiences yourself, it's quite another to try and silence those with opposing views and call them wrong without reason.

The deferential, untouchable, and beyond reproach demigod attitude certain companies enjoy from some quarters is NOT healthy for the community.

Well said, great post. Succinct, I like that... rather than the long rambling posts I'm notorious for.  :smile:

Some do like to try and censor others unfortunately.