Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Not Happy With Jetline Systems Right Now

Hi,

The visual server computer has three USB devices plugged into it, the Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse dongle, my yoke and Jetmax throttle quad, that's it.

If they are USB3 ports then you could try plugging the yoke and throttle into a Powered External USB2 Hub and plug that into one of the USB3 ports on the server with a short lead.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Jim has never offended anyone - probably doesnt know how to - class act he is - usb driver is always loaded from the motherboard manufacturers disk or in my case the latest is pre-downloaded latest and greatest from said manufacturers website - I never rely on windows for my chipset, usb  etc, drivers all set with that

Rich Sennett

Mike,

My server has 2 direct usb cables to hardware and 2 usb cables ,each connected to an usb hub.

Each hub has 5 more hardware connected.

More than 5 per hub and addon software ,like SIOC , will hang.

When booting I only have 1 usb hub and 1 direct usb cable connected till Windows 10 has booted completely.

If I have all usb cables connected the pc hangs halfway booting.

After the server has loaded Windows 10 completely I connect the 2nd direct cable and the 2nd usb hub.

In this way everything is working fine.

5820K at 4.3 Ghz

MSI 99S Power AC

Ripjaws 16 Gb 2400 mhz

Titan X 12 Gb

4x SSD SATA III

Thermaltake LCS 10GT

Hopefully everything will be solved.

Good luck.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Jim has never offended anyone - probably doesnt know how to - class act he is

For sure. :smile:

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Jim has never offended anyone - probably doesnt know how to - class act he is

For sure. :smile:

blaustern

Thanks guys.  Appreciate the comments and your support.  Yesterday was a rough day... Hopefully we can get back on topic.

• Upvote 4

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks guys.  Appreciate the comments and your support.  Yesterday was a rough day... Hopefully we can get back on topic.

It happens to the best of us. Even the OP Mike was having a frustrating day when he started this topic. Its part of being human. 

Again, I would say that I hope he gets this resolved, mostly for selfish reasons so I can see more of his cockpit videos!  :Tounge:

I know Jetline builds systems for most of the major names in Flight Simulation, so I would hope the community would isolate this incident and they continue to thrive in our community. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Ah yes, the joys of USB not being so "universal" ... there are some USB devices that will prevent other devices from being seen (for example my GoFlight gear will prevent me from using the Keyboard on boot so I can't enter the BIOS/EFI).  USB is sadly a spec that wasn't "tight" enough and not being entirely adhere to via USB devices themselves and has changed over the years even thought the spec is supposed to be backward compatible from 3.1 to 1.0.

Intel in their infinite wisdom, decided the best way to do USB 3.0 is to reduce the number of end points from 255 to 96 because that allows electrical headroom (don't have to support electrical loads for 255 endpoints only 96 endpoints) for higher bandwidth/speeds ... also allows for backwards compatibility.  Endpoints are NOT necessarily single devices connections, a single device (which includes a HUB) can consume many endpoints.

Yeah old compatibility chain that holds us all back and introduces compromises ... hmmmm ... I've seen that happen elsewhere too ... what could it be??  :)

Mike, I'm sure it'll get sorted out, give'em a chance ... what you're doing is very complex and still a lot cheaper than $330,000,000 real world version :)

Cheers, Rob.

Mike,

We are very sorry to hear of the issues you are encountering with your visual system. You can be assured we are on top of the situation and extend our very authentic apologies to you for the time you have lost trying to resolve these issues. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction and understand we have some work ahead of us to accomplish that goal in your situation. I can completely understand your frustration and share your concerns.

We are still considering this project a work-in-progress, and are far from calling this project completed. We intended from the beginning to send a technician to your location in order to install any requested third party software titles, establish the visual system network, and solve any lingering issues you address. Unlike most single PC simulators, there is a level of complexity here that will require us to remain involved with your project.

I understand you have incurred some lost time out of your personal schedule trying to troubleshoot some issues. We are happy to reimburse and/or provide free upgrades to cover your time and frustration. We are absolutely dedicated to seeing your project through to the end and, once completed, you will be thrilled with the end result. We have a 10-year track record of customer satisfaction, so please be assured we will do whatever it takes to make you happy in the end.

Again, we are completely dedicated to the success of your simulator visual system. We are on your side Mike, we have work yet to do still, and in the end I am confident you will be very pleased with the end product. Thank you again for your business and I urge you to continue to work with our technicians in this initial stage to iron out any kinks in your project.

The final PC to finish the visual will be updated to P3Dv3.4 and we will have a completed system with performance that will exceed expectations! I apologize again and look forward to working with you, at any expense, until you have a world-class visual.

Greg Sanderson

Jetline Systems Corp

• Upvote 5

That's how companies need to do business. I hadn't heard a complaint about them until Mikes post. Having a problem is tough but how they handle it is more important. That is how you get and keep customers. I am glad he is getting this resolved. Hopefully we will be seeing some videos of the home cockpit in action soon.

• Upvote 1

Richie Walsh

Hopefully we will be seeing some videos of the home cockpit in action soon.

He BETTER be back or there's goin' to be a problem up in here!  :aggressive:

A company's reputation is made not by how they treat their customers before the sale, but rather by how they treat their customers after the sale is made. It looks like Jetline Systems is trying to do the right thing.

• Upvote 1

NAX669.png