Sign in to follow this  
chrisal

Windows 10 Anniversary Update broke P3D

I couldn't work out what was happening. After this "automatic" update yesterday P3D froze on the splash screen with no further activity - disc or cpu. I tried everything I could think of - rebootng, turning off Defender, running as admin (which I do anyway), re-installing v3.4 client, googling the problem - you name it, I tried it. Again and again.

So in desperation I uninstalled the Windows update.

Problem solved - for now. It's working as before.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Cheers

Chris

Haven't done the update yet, but in such a case, when P3D does not want to start up properly anymore, usually deleting the prepar3d.cfg fixes most of the issues.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I updated some time ago with no issues fortunately. I'm sorry but I don't have any suggestions really, apart from, are all your drivers up to date?

So far Win10 has been very kind and given me no major cause for concern, but I know not everyone has been so lucky.

Updated last week to win10 UA:

I only had a frightening "P3D client: This app is no longer available"  notification on first 2-3 reboots, but nevertheless everything was working normally.

Let's see what happens when I'll update to 3.4 (still on 3.3 here).

Cheers,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

I see a few windows update posts but mostly quiet on this subject.  My own update finally happened two days ago without incident, other than the annoyance of Microsoft not having the manners to tell me an update was going to take 10 min..., I could have taken care of it at a different time given the opportunity.... Oh Wait!! I am sorry, we are talking about Microsoft here, I forgot. The software giant that wants you to use your high performance workstation like a cell phone LOL, or the big company that is too big to give any consideration at all to it's customers because we have enormous barriers to leaving.

Dan Downs KCRP

My windows got updated by accident but guess what P3D works fine on my end.  Zero breakage, You need to install all the drivers, I was having some USB drivers and native windows driver didn't cut it

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

You still can set Win10 not to automatically update, having said that running several weeks on the anniversary update and all is fine :-)

André

Only issue I had was with USB drivers, like alot of people.

Now when p3d is running if I plug or unplug any USB devices. My headset or my phone to charge it, for example then p3d will ctd never did that before the w10 update.

14ppkc-6.png