Sign in to follow this  
chunsajihuni

AS2016+ASCA OR AS2016+REX4 SOFT CLOUD. How think about what is much better?

That's all.

I can't choice what is better.

AS2016+ASCA OR AS2016+REX4 SOFT CLOUD or AS2016+ASCA+REX4 SOFT CLOUD TEXTURE)

How think about what is much more realistic?

I want more realistic cloud.

Sorry for my bad english.

Thank you.

There are lots of posts about ASCA vs REX. They are opinions. ASCA produces beautiful clouds and allows for dynamic changing of clouds on the fly. That will not happen with REX. There are also those who prefer REX clouds. And there are those who have been waiting several months for a new product.

Since it is a visual decision - only you can decide.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I don't think you can get dynamic clouds without ASCA.

I use AS2016 and ASCA in my VR headset and am always impressed with the realism

Jay

Yes, I'd recommend hunting out some videos on all the products, of which I'm sure there are plenty on YouTube. You can try AS2016 before you buy, but not ASCA or REX.

I have AS2016 plus ASCA and REX3 & 4 and for me the best combo is AS2016 and REX for cloud textures, even though I miss out on the dynamic aspect. I do sometimes use the new structures ASCA offers, but still use REX textures to paint those structures.

Hopefully HiFi will add further improvements to ASCA and bring the visual side more in line with the quality of other products.

There are lots of posts about ASCA vs REX. They are opinions. ASCA produces beautiful clouds and allows for dynamic changing of clouds on the fly. That will not happen with REX. There are also those who prefer REX clouds. And there are those who have been waiting several months for a new product.

Vic

Isn't that *supposed*to happen with the new/future REX...?

With no insult intended, I take developer's claims as hype until the product is released. I've been around way too long  and have seen too many "holy grails" that never saw the light of day. I would assume they are working on it and when they are ready, we'll get a chance to try it.

So, as far as the OP goes, with what is at hand he really has to try for himself. It's tough when there are no demo versions available but for every person who loves AS16/ASCA there probably is another that loves AS16/REX.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I still prefer fltying in my glider, and watching the cloudy skies around  - excellent frame rates, and the best weather injector I've ever used! 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...