Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ozark Dogfighter

Warning Sounds...Within but not part of FS9

Guest kevin2003

Dear fellow Simmers,haven't posted in a while because everything seemed to be working fine.That was up to a few nights ago.Flying VFR online with the SF260 when suddenly and without warning this loud,two tone warning attacks my ears.Similar to a old style ambulance sound I did all I could in the cockpit to disable this sound.No Joy.To my horror this sound continued after exiting the flight and continued into the "select a flight" page.Only exiting FS9 shuts it off.For my part I've scanned FS9 with IS2005 and Spybot and Spy Doctor with no result.I have reviewed my addons for the past two months and apart from 2 sets of skins for the Machetti the rest is payware scenery.I discovered a nasty little program called NewDotNet on my system a week or so ago and it has taken me five days to get rid of it.But I cannot imagine why this might have any bearing on the problem.I have checked three other aircraft all with similar results.No warning or dialogue box comes up...... there is only the warning sound.The warning sound is not an FS9 sound even though it only occurs within FS9.I have googled the prob without result.Only other new installs to date are Spy Doctor and the latest Microsoft updates.Could this be a Graphics Card/Proccessor warning of some kind???I know it is something we all go though with FS9. we seee a problem that we know is not serious but then we see something we get a bad feeling about.This is one of those times for me.If anyone has any thoughts or ideas as to what this might be I would be most grateful to hear them.My system specs are:Windows XP.SP2AMD Athlon 64 +35001 Gig RAMRadeon X800 Proregardskevin

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

Could be CPU overheat. My old Athlon XP system made that very sound when it approached the high temp threshhold.-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifHappy Flying!A pilot pulled out a .38 revolver and placed it on top of the instrument panel, then told the navigator "I use this on navigators who get me lost!"The navigator pulled out a .45 and placed it on his chart table. The pilot asked, "What's that for?""To be honest sir," the navigator replied, "I'll know we're lost before you will."

Guest kevin2003

Thanks Jeremy,you're dead right.It was an overheat problem caused by an accumulation of dust on the key components with in the case.After a spring clean everything seem to working normally again.Thanks for the tip.Warmest regardskevin

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

I'm sure glad it helped you! Enjoy the cooler running system, and remember to keep it clean! I clean my ol' compy twice a year.-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifHappy Flying!A pilot pulled out a .38 revolver and placed it on top of the instrument panel, then told the navigator "I use this on navigators who get me lost!"The navigator pulled out a .45 and placed it on his chart table. The pilot asked, "What's that for?""To be honest sir," the navigator replied, "I'll know we're lost before you will."