Sign in to follow this  
ctiger

fs9 flight planner

Guest newguy_2311

Hi all, I have a problem that I have just run into, when I flight plan in fs9 flight planner or in FS Navigator, set up the flight in pmdg 737NG or Level D 767, the route is shown correctly on the FMS and FS Navigator but fs9 ATC makes me fly a paallel route some 20nm south of it, if I try to fly the route using LNAV, ATC gets upset! I have recently installed My Traffic 2004 and FSG2005 Global scenery, and Ultimate terrain Canada and Alaska, but it was working fine before I loaded My Traffic. I unloaded My Traffic but no change. Anyone have any ideas please:) :) :-) Dell 2400 1Gb Ram, Geforce 5500 256Mb Ram

Hi,Yesterday I posted a similar problem trying to use the autopilot and flight planner in FS Nav with the same aircraft you mentioned. Please read the responses a few posts earlier today. It appears these two aircraft will not use the FS Nav autopilot. I used the export tools (which can be downloaded from the FS Nav site) for the PMDG and LDL to export the flight plan created by FS Nav to the FMCs and then used the FMS of each aircraft. Hope this will help.Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guest newguy_2311

Hi, thanks for your reply, I checked your previous post and all refs from there, but it's not the same thing, if I ignore fs9 ATC and just go to the active and take off, I can engage the FMC in LNAV and VNAV and the system flies the route correctly, but that is not realistic, after all, I would lose my licence and my job real quick if I tried that! If I flight plan from FS NAV or flight planner and export the FP into the FMC and use ATC, then after take off I try to use LNAV, ATC will give me a heading change to some point about 20nm off of the route then another heading change to the correct heading but parallel to the route. If I try to get back to the planned route, ATC will vector me off again. When I get to the destination it gives me correct vectors for the approach etc. and everything is fine. I tried with another a/c (fs9 Learjet) and it does the same thing. HELP.I fly for a living so I do know where I am supposed to be.....}(

I have seen so many instances where MSATC seems to have "lost" track of me. A few times it even vectored me to final, where the was no runway within 50nm at all. The next time, everything worked great.Also MSATC does have a problem letting bigger jets descent to the approach altitude. Yesterday, I did a flight into EDDH and upon my final approach fix I was about 6000ft above the fix and had to declare a missed approach.With Radar Contact v4 just around the corner, I wouldn't waste my time trying to fix MSATC.

Guest newguy_2311

Hi, thanks very much, but I feel such a fool, I found my problem, when I check the two flight plans (from fs9 flight planner and FSNav) I find they are completely different, so if I export FSNav FP into the FMC it is different to what MSATC is seeing. I hand loaded a flight from Miami to JFK this morning and it flew perfectly. So, Pilot Error big time....always check and cross check right?Thanks everybody dumber and dumberPeter.

Just export your plan from FsNav to both the FMC and the FS9 flight planner. Then both of them will agree......

Hi Peter, I've seen the exact same thing flying the PMDG 747 from SFO to EWR. In my case I would do a direct route from SFO to EWR in the fs9 planner and program the same into the FMC. As you said, the flight tracks between the two were about 20nm off, and ATC would complain. I found two ways around this. Use the exact same plan for both (export, convert and upload the plan from fs9 planner to the PMDG - I use Pln2rte.exe), or just do the 'tune, but don't contact' the next center once you've reached your cruise altitude - fly the ATC route until you reach your cruise altitude and on the next hand off, tune the frequency, but don't contact center, you will not be dropped, then hit LNAV. Just contact the given center about 200 miles out from your destination and resume ATC. They may make you do a few silly turns when you re-contact them, I respond slowly and ignore the course changes, but they will then tell you to resume navigation. I also use the 'tune, but don't contact' method when flying the PMDG 747 loaded full with fuel. I like to follow the FMC altitude optimizations, but if I request altitude changes from fs ATC then I have to be in contact with them the whole route (and there are leaves to rake in the back yard), so using the method above I can avoid ATC, step climb as per the FMC and just make sure I get back to the filed cruise altitude prior to contacting ATC near the end of the trip.Pln2rte can be found in Avsim or many other places on the web.Steve

Guest newguy_2311

Thanks Steve, I will try that, and thanks to all responders, nice to know where to go when you goof up!!:-)