Sign in to follow this  
murderbybox

RXP navdata

Hello! I'm a user of the RXP GNS 430W/530W, and have searched all around for navdata. All the instructions to update it, seem to "not apply" to me. I have "Americas.img" and "Intrnatl.img", but none of the files they ask for me to replace. Does anyone know a "fix" for this problem?

Thanks

The RXP units use the functionality of the Garmin Trainer application. This nav data cannot be updated by any conventional means as it is proprietary Garmin code. You have two options - purchase a very expensive navdata subscription for Garmin themselves (and it is expensive as it is real world), or find a friend who owns a Garmin equipped aircraft who would be willing to share an expired database.

David Porrett

Are you using an earlier version of the Garmin Trainer?

As best I know, the newer navdata is designed to work with the newer GNS 400W - 500W Trainer.

Bert

Are you using an earlier version of the Garmin Trainer?

As best I know, the newer navdata is designed to work with the newer GNS 400W - 500W Trainer.

Yeah, i am. I'll go and attempt to update it.

The RXP units use the functionality of the Garmin Trainer application. This nav data cannot be updated by any conventional means as it is proprietary Garmin code. You have two options - purchase a very expensive navdata subscription for Garmin themselves (and it is expensive as it is real world), or find a friend who owns a Garmin equipped aircraft who would be willing to share an expired database.

These are terrible news. :(

Yeah, i am. I'll go and attempt to update it.

Careful with that, the newer GNS unit may or may not work with FS9..

Bert

If you are adventurous, you can purchase the current RXP GNS and install it, along with the newer Garmin GNS trainer.

Then try it in an airplane in FS9.1.  (FS9.0. will not work).

If that is successful, the strategies to replace the navdata file should also work.

If the GNS fails to work correctly, you can PM me for an earlier version that may solve

the problem.

If non of that works, you return the GNS to Flight1 for a refund.

Then you can contemplate moving to FSX..  :wink:

How does that sound?

Bert

If you are adventurous, you can purchase the current RXP GNS and install it, along with the newer Garmin GNS trainer.

Then try it in an airplane in FS9.1.  (FS9.0. will not work).

If that is successful, the strategies to replace the navdata file should also work.

If the GNS fails to work correctly, you can PM me for an earlier version that may solve

the problem.

If non of that works, you return the GNS to Flight1 for a refund.

Then you can contemplate moving to FSX..  :wink:

How does that sound?

I can't handle FSX at the current moment. I have 9.1, so that's fixed. I'd rather not go out and buy something else, so at this point i've given up. Thanks for the help.

Then what do i do? Am i stuck with this god-awfully old AIRAC?

Yes, you are until Garmin releases an updated trainer.

DJ