Sign in to follow this  
yvesamuel

CTD east North East of Chicago

Hi,

I have a fresh Windows 10 X64 and a fresh P3D .4 install, with UTX Canada, USA and Europe, and FSDT ORD.

I tried with PMDG and Aerosoft aircrafts (737, 777, A32x)

When I fly to/from ORD west or south, I have no problem. When I fly to/from ORD I have a CTD.

They are no duplicates bgl (made a search with airport scanner.

Any solution?

Thank's

Yves

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX

What did the crash report or Event Viewer state as the faulting module (see page 7, AVSIM CTD Guide)?

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi,

here is the report :

- System
    - Provider
      [ Name] Application Error
    - EventID 1000
      [ Qualifiers] 0
      Level 2       Task 100       Keywords 0x80000000000000     - TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2016-09-26T15:45:53.510589800Z
      EventRecordID 2297       Channel Application       Computer PC-Yves       Security
- EventData
      Prepar3D.exe       3.4.9.18400       57d9b14e       ntdll.dll       10.0.14393.103       57b7e09e       c0000374       000d9841       14b4       01d217d27f7ed555       D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V3\Prepar3D.exe       C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll       617868da-fb09-4951-8e28-99f3e860b946                

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX

So the faulting module was the NTDLL.dll.  In the AVSIM CTD Guide, we have some suggestions for fixing this type of crash.  Here's another link here at AVSIM that might help in fixing your problem - http://www.avsim.com/topic/472361-ntdlldll-error-crash-yes-i-used-the-guide/

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I looked but :

fresh P3D, fresh Windows (10 x64), no tweeks, dll.xml verified, no duplicates....

And why only est and north from ORD???

Today, I flew EDDF-KSEA without any problem (10 hours)

Best regards

Yves

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX

And why only est and north from ORD???

That is strange you would just get an ntdll.dll error East and North out of KORD.  You did not indicate that in your OP.  I have no problems taking off from KORD but landing at KORD from just north of the city of Chicago and out over Lake Michigan I have problems landing on 28C or 27R.Things usually go well until I make the turn into final and then P3D or FSX will have a memory lapse and stutter and pause and get off the final approach as if it doesn't have any idea where KORD is located and I usually have to shutdown the simulator.  I haven't tried it yet with the latest version of P3D.  The latest P3D is really working well for me right now.  I believe there is something wrong with the AFCAD at KORD.  I haven't done this flight for some time as it is no fun to take off and fly into KORD only to have issues with the landing.  I use the PMDG 737NGX.  I'm just recalling the events back when I did fly into the Chicago area.  I also had real weather turned on and that's a fps killer when the weather is bad and you're flying over scenery that is heavy on resources.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Hi,

After a long research and testing, I have found the faulty file : chicago.bgl in D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V3\Scenery\NAMC\Scenery

I had nearly the same problem in EKCH (OOM at 10 to 15 nm on approach, and immidiatly on flight loading) and desactivated the copenhagen.bgl in EUR\scenery

Best regards

Yves

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX