Sign in to follow this  

Quick performance test in P3D V3.4 out of Orbx YMML - 4K

The usual suspects for add-ons (REX, AS16+ASCA, Orbx AU Region, MT6, FSFX Immersion for 777, PMDG 777 300ER, PILOT's mesh, etc. etc. etc.).  Orbx did a good job of optimizing YMML.

Wish I had time for a full flight, but work has kept me super busy lately so best I can do is some quick test flights.  Graphics settings are at the end of video.

Cheers, Rob.

Aren't you using P3D Professional Plus, which gives you better performance?

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

There is no performance difference between any version.

Cheers, Rob.

Another nice one, Rob!  I haven't updated yet still kind of waiting to see what everyone's experiences are like...so far the reports seem to be all over the map (like always?!)  Besides I'm drowning in work stuff right now too and it sucks when work gets in the way of 'flying'...but then something has to pay for all the HW and SW we want I guess!  :wink:

Cheers!

Kevin S

Rob, is the amount of wingflex in the video accurate compared to that in realworld conditions?  Just wondering.  It seems like a lot, but all I can compare to is what I've seen from inside of a 747 or 737.

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

My bad I forgot to update YMML for just 9€ and now I have to pay full price unbelievable .

Rob, is the amount of wingflex in the video accurate compared to that in realworld conditions?

It'll depend on conditions and aircraft Takeoff weight ... 

What we're missing is engine mount flex :)

Cheers, Rob.

Nice one Rob! I own MT6 and find the aircraft extremely poor looking. Have you tried Orbx free Australian Ai? The models a way nicer! It only covers AU but it's great

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Have you tried Orbx free Australian Ai?

No I haven't ... do you have any VAS comparisons between the two?  Do you know if flaps, lights, sounds work in the Orbx AU AI models?

Cheers, Rob.

No I haven't ... do you have any VAS comparisons between the two?  Do you know if flaps, lights, sounds work in the Orbx AU AI models?

Cheers, Rob.

I don't know about the VAS difference but the models do have lights and sound. Never taken notice if the flaps move or not. I am very disappointed with MT6 and as 50% of my flying is done in Australia I use Orbx's AI.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I can understand that the MT6 'reduced detail' models aren't for everyone but it's a perfect solution for what I was looking for which is to have a full-world ai solution that makes my payware airports seem 'alive' and busy without completely clobbering performance (yes there's a hit but it's quite manageable if you don't get greedy with the slider setting).  I've tried most of the ai package solutions out there and MT6 has been my preferred approach for some time.  Haven't tried the Orbx AI but then I rarely fly into or out of Australia, except for an occasional visit to Fly Tampa's Sydney.

Cheers!  

Kevin S

Rob, thanks for the wing/engine mount flex videos.  I've never sat in a position to see the engine mount flex.  That's almost a little scary to watch. 

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

I've seen engines flex in a 747 ... hit some really nasty high altitude weather over Greenland and we we're being tossed around like rag dolls and engines bouncing around, it got so bad we were vectored around it.  

As I understand it, the 787 carbon composite wings flex the most as they require less internal wing structure to achieve same loads as an all aluminum wing.

Cheers, Rob.