Sign in to follow this  
Barani Dharan

Regarding DX10 (FSX::SE)

Hello everyone,

I've recently purchased DX10 Fixer by Steve and use the latest version (V3.0), Its been 13 days I've been

Struggling for the best settingns for my PC. The only problem that I'm not aware , is it an common issue or there is a issue with my settings?, the flickering. Like when I taxi to the runway, nearby taxi ways are bright and crisp but the runway end seems like flickering. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. If someone could suggest me the best settings for NI & DX10 Fixer. It'd really help me out.

Currently I use FSX STEAM EDITION, and 8xS with 4xSGSS with 1/2 refresh rate set in Nvidia. I'm happy if I get 30 fps, and good AA. Is there any best settings which I could use to avoid the runway end flicker and get steady fps?

Specs: (Alienware 14 - 2014)

i7 4700HQ

Nvidia GT 750M 2GB

8GB RAM

Thanks in Advance.

~ Dharan.

If you look up in the DX10 fixer manual there is a NI setting to match the Fixer

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

If you look up in the DX10 fixer manual there is a NI setting to match the Fixer

I've tried it. I have the same issue. Can I have the suggested settings for Fixer and NI for my specs?

I've tried it. I have the same issue. Can I have the suggested settings for Fixer and NI for my specs?

Can you post a snapshot of your NI setting?

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

The reason for what you see is that you are not using 8xS and 4x SGSSAA in DX10.

In DX10 mode the Nvidia Driver cannot override the application antialising Setting for MSAA. Therefore the NVI antialising setting field is ignored. You can set anything in there as it isn't used!

In DX10 mode the application controls the base MSAA antialiasing all that you can change in NVI is the additional SSSGAA setting.

The base MSAA settings is defined by two fields in the fsx.cfg

As a convenience (the fixer has nothing to do with antialiasing) it provides a feature to set these values.

You cannot set the Nvidia Combined modes in DX10 as the DirectX API doesn't provide a way for the application to do so.

So in Dx10 you are using (assuming you have 4x set in the fixer)

4xMSAA + 4x SGSSAA

If you set those settings for DX9 it should look the same as DX10. Note that I understand that Prepare3d behaves the same for the same reason.

Assuming that in DX9 you previously used 8xS + 4xSGSSA then you have 4x MSAA + 2x supersampling + 4 x SGSSSAA supersampling.

The nearest equivalents in DX10 are

8x (set in fixer) + 8 x SGSSAA

4x (set in fixer) + 4 x SGSSAA + 2x DSR (but this isn't available to you as you have a 750 GPU)

Ok I get it.

The reason for what you see is that you are not using 8xS and 4x SGSSAA in DX10.In DX10 mode the Nvidia Driver cannot override the application antialising Setting for MSAA. Therefore the NVI antialising setting field is ignored. You can set anything in there as it isn't used!In DX10 mode the application controls the base MSAA antialiasing all that you can change in NVI is the additional SSSGAA setting.The base MSAA settings is defined by two fields in the fsx.cfgAs a convenience (the fixer has nothing to do with antialiasing) it provides a feature to set these values.You cannot set the Nvidia Combined modes in DX10 as the DirectX API doesn't provide a way for the application to do so.So in Dx10 you are using (assuming you have 4x set in the fixer)4xMSAA + 4x SGSSAAIf you set those settings for DX9 it should look the same as DX10. Note that I understand that Prepare3d behaves the same for the same reason.Assuming that in DX9 you previously used 8xS + 4xSGSSA then you have 4x MSAA + 2x supersampling + 4 x SGSSSAA supersampling.The nearest equivalents in DX10 are8x (set in fixer) + 8 x SGSSAA4x (set in fixer) + 4 x SGSSAA + 2x DSR (but this isn't available to you as you have a 750 GPU)

Thanks for the response. I get it, so what's the bearly equivalent setting I can use to fix this? Yes I use 4x In Fixer, so I need not set anything related to AA in NVI right? Since it doesn't override. ?

I have reset the Nvidia Settings (Before i used to have Override any Application Settings) now i have changed to application controlled, and Still i face the Same issue. Please have a look at the screenshots. 

Current_Nvidia.png

Screenshot_40.png

I have set 4x in the fixer. Please give me a solution. Thanks in advance!

I explained the nearest equivalent is 8x in fixer and 8x sssgaa set in Nvidia inspector.

All you have done is turn off a feature in Nvi which doesn't do anything so it will look exactly the same.

..... but the runway end seems like flickering. ....

Are you sure you haven't got the Twinkling lights option ticked in the Other section of DX10 fixer?

"Twinkling Lights At night applies a small twinkling effects to lights in the distance."

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Dharan - is your other issue with the resolution resolved also?

No, I even tried on another PC, same problem exists. I've mailed you, and was waiting for response.

Looking at the picture you sent your fonts on the icons look very large, can you try adjusting font size and see if it changes anything (no one else has ever reported anything like this btw).

Do any other applications look odd?