Sign in to follow this  
simbol

Phenom 300 + Navigraph ext pack

Hello guys,

Have any of you being able to change the default 28000ft cruise level for the any flight plan using the Garmin Navigraph pack? I have the latest version of the plane and the ext pack and yet it is always defaulted to 28000ft, making the VNAV usesless since:

a.) You have to change each way point to your real cruise level.

b.) The Garmin is buggered and it doesn't allow me to change the altitude to something higher than 28000ft, or when you enter the next way point it reverts back to 28000ft.

I opened a ticket with Carenado and their answer as 'usual' is to reinstall everything.. I have 8 Carenado planes (I like their modeling) but I must say their support is the most annoying think I have ever encountered, every time I find a problem their answer is: "re-install the plane", for god sake.. I always find solutions elsewhere on the web since theirs are useless.

Any how, below are my Email to Carenado and their answer, today I told them that after re-installing everything the problem is still present. If any of you have this working correctly and know what I should do please let me know, if otherwise we all experiencing the same thing please also report it here.. I am now on a mission to make Carenado understand that this is a BUG and they need to accept it.. I swear to god I will post this issue and all Carenado responses everywhere on the web so people are fully aware of the bugs before they pay £9 for an extension pack that doesn't work correctly.

Carenado Support, Sep 26, 18:56 CLST:

Greetings,

We suggest to download the aircraft and the expansion pack again from your account, as that issue was fixed.
Don't forget to run the uninstallers before installing again.

Regards,

Carenado.

Raul Morales, Sep 26, 13:56 CLST:

Hi,

I Purchased the expansion pack and it is working now with my the latest Navigraph cycle, however I have a issue with the cruise altitude + the VNAV functionality using the Navigraph Garmin exp pack with Phenom 300HD.

The issue is that I cannot change the cruise altitude of the flight plan which it is always set to 28000ft and I cannot find a way of change it. As a result every way point of my flight plan is always pre-fill with 28000ft, if I prepare the entire flight plan and then re-visit each way point to change the altitude manually it doesn't allow me to place a figure higher than 28000ft and If I attempt to change the way point altitude intermediately after adding it to the flight plan it reset back to 28000ft as soon as you add next way point.

If there any solution to this?

Regards,

Raul Morales

I am now on a mission to make Carenado understand that this is a BUG and they need to accept it.. I swear to god I will post this issue and all Carenado responses everywhere on the web so people are fully aware of the bugs before they pay £9 for an extension pack that doesn't work correctly.

Interesting comments.... 

If you look at the tutorial from FS Mania - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pNI7vfmTs8 go to the 22d minute and he will tell you how to do it with the Navigraph extension.  He was able to get the waypoints set to FL410.  So, hopefully this will help you with finding a solution.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the video link, the difference from the procedures from the video to mine is that on the video they are using the "ent" button on the keypad panel and I was using the "ent" button on the upper FMS panel.

I will try tonight to see if that makes a difference, never the less if it does that is still a BUG that needs to be resolved.

Also the video confirms the behavior were you cannot change the "default" cruise altitude from 28000FT for each way point you add, as you can see on the video the ESA altitude stays always at 28000FT regardless that he is changing the altitudes on the flight plan.

Carenado didn't told us that their implementation of the Navigraph Garmin would have such limitations, I am surprised that their developers can think that it is not annoying to re-input the altitude for each way point.

Regards,

Simbol

Thanks for the video link, the difference from the procedures from the video to mine is that on the video they are using the "ent" button on the keypad panel and I was using the "ent" button on the upper FMS panel.
I will try tonight to see if that makes a difference, never the less if it does that is still a BUG that needs to be resolved.

The other difference is the fact he used PROC instead of FPL to set up the flight plan (or perhaps you were do that too).

Carenado didn't told us that their implementation of the Navigraph Garmin would have such limitations

Navigraph is a valuable service to the flight simulation community and provides support to Carenado and other developers in our community.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

The other difference is the fact he used PROC instead of FPL to set up the flight plan (or perhaps you were do that too).

That is correct I and doing the same, although it shouldn't matter really it should work regardless as it does on a real Garmin 1000.

Navigraph is a valuable service to the flight simulation community and provides support to Carenado and other developers in our community.

I am not sure what is your meaning with such sentence, Carenado is offering a product (Navigrahp ext. pack) to enable the Garmin 1000 on the Phenom 300 to work with Navigraph databases, add the feature to support both STAR & SID procedures, VNAV, flight plan filling features, etc. their product is not free so they are not doing me any a favor I paid for it.. in any case the discussion here is that their implementation of their Garmin 1000 & Navigraph has problems. It has nothing to do with Navigraph guys.. this is all on Carenado hands.

Regards,

Raul

Folks,

Just to confirm, I uninstalled the Navigraph Ext Pack, downloaded it again and re-install it. This confirmed that I had the latestversion all this time (** version 1.3**) After reinstalling everything the faults are still present. Then uninstalled everything including the Phenom 300 HD, reinstalled both the plane and Navigraph Ext. Pack and the faults are still present.

Further tests revealed that If you use the bottom keypad including the "ent" key you are able to input higher altitudes than 28000Ft, however if you edit your way points and input your a cruise altitude different from 28000Ft as soon as you add another way point or airway leg all the previous edited altitudes are reverted to 28000Ft.

So this is a BUG which Carenado seems to deny. It is too late for me now so I will try tomorrow to record a video with the evidence and send it to Carenado in order to seek further responses.

Regards,

Simbol

System Specs:

Simulator: FSX-SE, FTX Global, PRO-ATC, lot Carenados planes.

Processor: Intel Core I76600K 4.2Ghz

Motherboard: EVGA Clasified K

Video: EVGA Nvidia 980TI

Cooling: Custom Water Cooled PC

Case: Custom build Case.

Regards,

R.

Hopefully they will get it fixed for you soon!  They are planning to update it to 2.0.  It's difficult programming and mistakes are made.  I'm always in awe as to what developers can accomplish for our community.  I really like the modelling on the Phenom 300 and 100.  Maybe you should install the GTN750 like many have already. 

Submit News to AVSIM

Hi Jim,

I really want them to fix it, I know that a lot of people have installed the GTN750 but why do we need to do this? the GTN750 cost almost £40 GPB. We should enjoy the plane with all the features without any problems, and if problems are present they should be addressed instead of people buying third party applications or tools to overcome the fault. After all if you buy a new Audi car and it has a fault with the suspension would you demand the car dealership to fix it? ask for a replacement car? get a refund? or would you go and buy a new suspension from another brand to retrofit it yourself?

It's difficult programming and mistakes are made.  I'm always in awe as to what developers can accomplish for our community.

I am actually a computer program developer + Network Security and administrator, I have being doing developing for over 20 years so I totally understand that mistakes can be made, bugs will be there, etc. Having said that when I deploy programs for my users and bugs are present I have to fix them, after certain period of time the software would need to run flawless or the company could lose a lot of money so if I fail to address the bugs it would mean loosing my Job. 

I really like the modelling on the Phenom 300 and 100.

Me too, actually I own a lot of Carenado planes: PA46, PA46T, DA-42, TBM850, PC12 and now the Phenom 300 HD. But as I said their support is very bad. We are customers, we bought a product and if it has flaws they need to be addressed and since many other developers around the world like me need to do their Job properly Carenado developers cannot be the exception. 

Regards,

R

I totally agree with you in regards to your comments regarding the GTN750.  A lot of people cannot afford this extra cost and you should be able to fly this product with all of the aircraft features, including the G1000.

We set up these forums as Carenado had no official support forums where users-to-users could discuss issues and exchange flight plans and other things in the enjoyment of flight simulation.  So, if you are looking for real support, the AVSIM Forums are the place to be for sure!  They do have an email support system but I think they do not respond to those emails when the answers are located in FAQ's or Knowledge Bases.  I do not know if your problems are covered by FAQ's or Knowledge Bases.  I buy Carenado products even though I know there is no dedicated support should I run into an issue.  I feel I can simply look around at various flight sim forums and see if anyone else is having the problem.  I have been programming and dealing with computers since 1991 so I have been working with computer systems for a bit longer than you.  I like Carenado products.  I have no issues with the Phenom 300 but do with the Carenado B200 and C90B.  Those aircraft want to take off even with the brakes on and difficult to handle.  They are in my hangar and will probably stay there forever.  I might bring the B200 out and read the manual and see if I can figure out how to how the aircraft down while taxiing.  Just don't have the time though to do all of that as moderating here at AVSIM is a full time job (unless I golf)....

I would be wary in the future about buying their products if you want truly dedicated support.  You should know they have no dedicated support other than their FAQ/support database and e-mail support system.  Personally I also Google their support database and AVSIM and other flight simulator websites looking for solutions to problems I may encounter (it was how I found the excellent tutorials put on YouTube by FSMania and others).  For instance, I can Google their carenado navigraph database and come up with a solution like the following - https://carenado.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/220116187-Navigraph-loading-database.  They got this solution from another user, maybe here in the forums at AVSIM.  But dedicated support where they answer every support request will probably never happen. 

I would love to see your issues fixed as it means it would be fixed for everyone else but everyone I have talked to has indicated they use the workarounds like those provided by FSMania in his tutorial videos.  He was able to accomplish the programming of the G1000 with workarounds and that's what I am doing too if I want to fly this aircraft.  I personally never use the altitude features.  I put in a SID and a STAR (if available), set my altitude to say 320 and go fly.  I know, not realistic and not the way it works in real life but I enjoy manually bringing the aircraft down to the final approach and letting the aircraft catch the glideslope and land almost without touching the controls.

Lastly, I want to thank you for your membership here at AVSIM.  We need more members like you to "stir the pot" and work for ways to improve products.  I do not think your comments are going unnoticed as I know for a fact the developer frequents our forums and we have a lot of truly great members who are willing to help those who are having problems.  I hope you enjoy your visits here and contribute your skills as a developer and computer expert (and any real world flight experiences).  We have a lot of novices here who need our help!

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Hi Jim,

Many thanks for your words, I have been member of AVSIM for very long time but my account was lost when the site was rebuild. I have been using Flight Simulator since FS95.. 

Just got a response from Carenado, one of those stupid emails they like to send:

Carenado Support, Sep 28, 16:03 CLST:

Greetings,

How did you uninstall the aircraft and the Navigraph?

Regards,

Carenado.

Raul Morales, Sep 27, 06:15 CLST:

Hi again,

Can you elaborate further? I downloaded again the plane new & the Navigraph extension, uninstalled and installed again and I am still unable to configure the Flight plan, it is always using 28000ft as a cruise level.

Lots of people seems to be complaining about the same about it online and AVSIM forums.

Regards,
Raul Morales

Seriously? my reply was like any other program under control panel, program and features, and clicking uninstall. lets see how many days I will need to wait until they reply to that.. I am not going to give up on this.. I will chase them all Year if necessary and post every single response on this forum.

Regards,

R.

A new answer:

Carenado Support, Sep 28, 18:31 CLST:

Greetings,

We suggest to uninstall the aircraft is running the aircraft's uninstaller which is located on the simulator's main root folder, otherwise, files could remain installed.

Regards,

Carenado.

:fool:  Now given my experience with Windows over a lots of years.. when you uninstall a program from the control panel --> programs and features it will execute the uninstaller software located on the program folder.. so it shouldn't make any difference..I will please them and do this again.. and report back.. it is now too late for me so it will be tomorrow (another day..)

Regards,

R

You are getting the run-around.. their G1000 has bugs - many users have discovered this..

How to get Carenado interested in improving their avionics is beyond me - believe me, I have tried.. :wink:

Bert

You are getting the run-around.. their G1000 has bugs - many users have discovered this..

How to get Carenado interested in improving their avionics is beyond me - believe me, I have tried.. :wink:

Hi Bert,

I know that, my purpose is to make their developers to do some work.. in the meantime I want to make people out there aware of the Carenado issues before they decide to purchase their products. As an example if I knew the limitations of the Navigrap exp pack before hand and I still decided to buy the product it would be a different thing. What I find annoying is that they do not have a "known list of problems", they advertise their products in a way that everything looks perfect and then you find yourself in trouble.. I hate that. it is unfair and misleading...

For example do your Carenado planes weather radar works with ASN 2015 or any other weather engine? mines are a hit and miss, most the time they don't.. Carenado oficial support answer to me by Email was: "We only support the default Flight Simulator weather engine".. do they say that on their marketing or product specifications? no.. you only find this out after they have your money.. and they don't even care how many users are using different weather programs.. I wonder how many people using 3rd party planes are actually using the FSX weather engine..

I think we should create a Sticky forum with all known issues of the Carenado planes so people can be properly informed before they buy, if they decide to buy knowing what they are getting into fine.. but at least people would not feel disappointed and cheated like most of us do.

Regards,

R.

• Upvote 1

**UPDATE**

After a couple of emails exchange Carenado offered a Refund or any other of their planes for free. So no hope to get this fixed guys.. I really wanted them to look at the issue and put it on waiting list of bugs to fix.

Not sure at this stage if I will ask for a refund or another plane, I am just wondering which one of their works reasonable well without annoying bugs..

Regards,

R.

As far as autopilot functions are concerned none of the carenado jets work correctly, it's a real shame as they look fantastic and usually hand fly very well