Sign in to follow this  
Skywatcher

2D panels or VC?

Which do you use?

I would say the users of newer flight sims would likely be a VC crowd. Here in the FS2004 world, it may be a different story. Have you moved away from 2D flight or are you happy to remain a dinosaur?

Mark Daniels

What makes you think 2-D panels are dinosaurs? ...... AND ..... I primarily fly with a minipanel ....... in 2-D of course!  Hands-on flying with a great view!

What makes you think 2-D panels are dinosaurs?

Did a little reading and apparently 2D is a thing of the past. I'm a happy dinosaur btw.

Mark Daniels

I'm a Toodeesaurus as well. Often the clickspot you need isn't quite where you'd expect it to be in a VC, no matter how accurate the rest of the VC is. I like a good VC when in the cruise or on finals, but I do make sure everything is set in the 2D panel & windows first.

It's VC with TrackIR for me, and has been for a long time. Once you go that route there is no going back.

I use both. VC for scenic flying, 2D for serious office work.

2D forever. Although I use VC in many aircraft now because I'm forced to.  :sad:

It's VC with TrackIR for me, and has been for a long time. Once you go that route there is no going back.

Speak for yourself. I used TrackIR and hated it. It was expensive, cumbersome, and for my type of flying pretty much pointless (airliner long haul and some occasional GA). Probably a good investment for someone who uses something like DCS.

I use both. VC for scenic flying, 2D for serious office work.

Same here. Simulating the FE's work in a B727 or Tu-134 via VC is almost impossible.

I also think that the VC vs. 2D thing is not a question of past vs. modern time, but a matter of taste and task.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

So this subject has reared it's ugly head again. :rolleyes:

There is no right or wrong way. Just use whatever suits the task in hand.

I've had Track IR5 for years ... and very very rarely use it. It's not for me.

I am currently flying a chopper so am using a VC. The fps hit and gauge update rate is not good but hey I have to compromise.

2D's for anything heavier than GA? yup that's me.  :Party:

No 2d, except if there is a function that doesn't work in the VC. Other than that everything in VC not flown anything in 2d in what seems like a decade.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I still use the 2D panel when flying Airliners ..eg IFLY 737 ,PMDG 747/MD11 ..and when flying General aviation Aircraft I use the VC ...

Rich

ugcx_banner.png

I'm a GA only man and have been flying just the Dreamfleet A36 for a long time now.  For me the VC is the only way.  With a 32" monitor I have no problems reading the gauges without having to zoom in.  I think the VC is so "natural".

Dijvid