Sign in to follow this  
wokue

VoxATC 7/beta alive!

Wow, did this software just disappear or what?

NAX669.png

Went to the VOXATC home page and 7 beta page and the website's there today.  Must have been some glitch that's fixed now.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Went to the VOXATC home page and 7 beta page and the website's there today.  Must have been some glitch that's fixed now.

The beta page has been there all along but the voices are no longer available for download. This is the first beta test I've ever seen where the developer has no contact with the testers and there have been no updates to the original beta program after 6 or 7 weeks.

NAX669.png

I give up !

No more news..

so many bugs.

I look to Pilot2ATC

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

P2atc is looking good from here.

The voice recognition is good, I don't think ATC has ever mis-heard anything I have said, and using the latest update it always gets me to where I want to go.

I have hardly scratched the surface of what it seems to be able to do, but at the moment, keeping it simple, it seems to work well for me. And it is continually being developed and updated, and the author is easily contactable, which is a big plus.

P2atc is looking good from here.

John,

The only thing P2A lacks for me now is AI interaction and the developer says that is coming sometime in the future.

NAX669.png

John,

The only thing P2A lacks for me now is AI interaction and the developer says that is coming sometime in the future.

That is really good news Mike!

P2atc seems to know the AI aircraft are there, for example saying you are number two for landing when there is another ahead of you, but it does lack the interaction control.

Perhaps someone could change the title of this thread to reflect the fact that Voxatc 7 beta is NOT alive anymore

Jay

I think during the beta test the realized that he had a lot of work if he wanted to get the v7 out.

He seems to have given up.

To be fair P3d is continually evolving and for a one man show it must be very difficult to keep your software matching any changes in P3d, which can come at any time without prewarning to developers.

I think we understand that problem but as said before the real issue is lack of communication, we all want Vox to work and be successful but it is being made very difficult for those who want be be constructive due to the lack of any feedback. 

I wouldn't blame him for calling it a day, but why not say so if that is the case?

PF3 works on all platforms and works with voice input as well. And it is fully and continuously supported. Currently v.3.2.1

PF3 doesn't have AIRAC support so it might not be a suitable option for VoxATC users.

PF3 doesn't have AIRAC support so it might not be a suitable option for VoxATC users.

PF3 is an ATC add-on not a flight planning programme. I create most fpls using http://onlineflightplanner.org/

which always uses the most up to date airac cycle. So you create your fpls for PF3 outside PF3.

PF3 is an ATC add-on not a flight planning programme. I create most fpls using http://onlineflightplanner.org/

which always uses the most up to date airac cycle. So you create your fpls for PF3 outside PF3.

AIRAC support and flight planning are two totally different things.

Programs like VoxATC, Pilot2ATC and ProATC have true AIRAC support. This means that the ATC is aware of the current real world approaches, SIDS/STARs, transitions and all of their speed and altitude restrictions automatically (without user interaction).

This is somethings that VoxATC users have gotten used to but something that PF3 is unable to provide.