Sign in to follow this  
wokue

VoxATC 7/beta alive!

This is somethings that VoxATC users have gotten used to but something that PF3 is unable to provide.

If you have a programme such as PFPX that will do a nice flightplan. As I said PF3 is an ATC programme "not" a flightplanning programme. There are lots of flightplanning programmes that use airac cycles. Once you have constructed a decent fpl then insert it into PF3. Once done it takes seconds for PF3 to read it. You know, it's quite real world to have to set up your own flightplan and then submit it to ATC. They, ATC don't do flightplans! You do!

If you have a programme such as PFPX that will do a nice flightplan. As I said PF3 is an ATC programme "not" a flightplanning programme. There are lots of flightplanning programmes that use airac cycles. Once you have constructed a decent fpl then insert it into PF3. Once done it takes seconds for PF3 to read it. You know, it's quite real world to have to set up your own flightplan and then submit it to ATC. They, ATC don't do flightplans! You do!

And please read my previous post again. ATC program AIRAC support and flight planning are two completely different things.

VoxATC for example has no way to generate a route or a flight plan for you. You have to create it outside of VoxATC (just like PF3). But... Unlike PF3, VoxATC has full AIRAC support. After you have imported your flight plan, ATC will automatically know all the real world approaches, SIDs/STARs, transitions, speed and altitude restrictions.

Real ATC should know these things and this is what VoxATC, Pilot2ATC and ProATC are able to do (because of the AIRAC support)

This developer puts me to the test.

I do not have any support from the developer for more than one year with the v6.52... Now he want to release a v7, I help him doing some beta testing, but he only answer me during 24h, no more news after that...

If he release some day the v7, will be full of bugs (like 6.52), and he will not give any support for sure.

If he do not answer me during beta cicle, how he will answer me after have my money in his pocket? 

Yesterday i decide to check all the options for atc. Then i try Pilot2ATC and i am very happy:

-It have AIRAC suport (no navigraph right now, only aerosoft data)

- ASN suport (and other weather engines)

-Atc can provide you the SID, STAR, Approach and active runway with the weather ! (P2A do it much better that voxatc, maeby because can read ASN/AS16 data from the snapshot txt file).

-Voice recognition.

-More options

-Use less resources that voxatc.

- I can use all my TTS voices

- But the best is the support, the developer lisen customers and he is doing a nice work (check the changelog for P2A v2)

The weak point is that do not have Ai traffic at all. But i can set the default traffic (MT6) with the default atc on backgound (editvoicepack improve default atc) and is nice. The developer told me that is something that will do in the future.

Guys, if you like how voxatc is design, but do not like how it work or the support, check pilot2ATC becuse is pointing to be THE ATC ADDON for your simulator.

10 days trial nothing to loose.

Voxatc is out of my PC, and many things have to change for i install it again, but i will keep an eye on this forum... we never know.

Hi,

I am also about to give up on Voxatc..

Pilot2atc...how is that on just one monitor??

Dave

I have only used p2atc using 2 monitors, as I upgraded my old monitor and was able to use it as the one dedicated to p2atc.

My graphics card, as is the norm these days I think, has 2 outputs so it is very simple to hook up a second monitor.

I just don't think I could use p2atc with only one monitor. It would be very un-immersive to keep a window running with p2atc and another with p3d running on the same screen, I would think. But maybe I am wrong!

There is so much information on the p2atc screen, it really needs its own display.(IMHO of course)

I run P2A with just one monitor. Once I have loaded the flight plan I never go back to the UI of P2A unless I miss an instruction from ATC and have to check.

NAX669.png

Looks like we're back in business  :Party:

VoxATC 7.2 now available for download (inclusive pop voices)

Cheers

Luc

Luc Jonckheere

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7 4790K / 4.4GHz - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO - Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 2 x Western Digital Black, 2 TB

MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti Gaming - Cooler Master V1000

Windows 7 prof/ 64b - FSX sp2 - UTX eur - GEX eur - PMDG 737NGX