Sign in to follow this  
marcinstawny

Setting saved flight as default in Prepar3d 3.4 creates problem

Hi all,

I've been sent here from Prepar3d forum topic url: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&p=143613#p143613

In short: if saved PMDG flight is set as default, then Prepar3d v3.4 does not run properly - either you get black screen or app dissapears.

It is still visible in process explorer with about 2% CPU utilisation, 0% GPU, about 800MB vas, but you cannot bring the process into front as there is no windows available.

In that case, deleting 'situation' line in prepar3d.cfg and restarting p3d solves the problem.

Can you suggest how to solve or do further problem diagnostics?

My specs:

Windows 7 ultimate 64bit

i7 4770k @4.6 watercooled

GTX 780TI with latest drivers

16GB RAM

Prepar3d on a separate raid0 ssd array

Addons:

Pilot's 2010 FTX mesh

Orbx Global, Vector, LC EU, LC NA, Norway, England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Norhern Ireland, ESSA

Aerosoft Oslo 2.0, Zurich 2.0

PMDG (installer downloaded today, all simconnects installed from p3d redist)

ASNext beta for p3d 3.4

Rex textures with soft clouds

FSUIPC latest, registered

GSX latest

Precipit FX, 737 immersion pack

EZDOK and F1 GTN750

Thanks,

Marcin Stawny

Marcin,

This is actually addressed in the Introductory section of the manual for the product.  It is never recommended to save a Non default aircraft in the Default flight for either P3D or FSX as it causes issues with the way the product loads up.  

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

This is actually addressed in the Introductory section of the manual for the product. It is never recommended to save a Non default aircraft in the Default flight for either P3D or FSX as it causes issues with the way the product loads up.

I wasn't aware of that, apologies. Since when does this work this way? I've been using such setup with success in prepar3d v2.4, then switched to v3.4, and surprise...

Regards,

Marcin

Marcin,

It's actually been that way since FSX was released.  If you had it working,  you we're lucky. 

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

I did read this in the introduction but i decided to try it anyway. I partially lucked out, in my FSX and Win10 works fine, however after 3-4 trips i toss it and start a fresh one because funny things start to happen. but I admit that I like to start exactly where I left it last time (same gate, time, conditions) and I hope something can be done about it in the future.

I did read this in the introduction but i decided to try it anyway. I partially lucked out, in my FSX and Win10 works fine, however after 3-4 trips i toss it and start a fresh one because funny things start to happen. but I admit that I like to start exactly where I left it last time (same gate, time, conditions) and I hope something can be done about it in the future.

I'm not seeing the issue here. You simply can't save the flight as the default. Make sure a default aircraft is part of the default flight. You can still load your saved flight once the sim loads with that default fighter jet spinning in the window.

Kyle Rodgers

I'm not seeing the issue here. You simply can't save the flight as the default. Make sure a default aircraft is part of the default flight. You can still load your saved flight once the sim loads with that default fighter jet spinning in the window.

Was just about to say this myself, no problem using a saved situation including a payware aircraft as long as you don't make it the default one but instead load it manually from the startup screen.

Been doing this for many, many years and never had an issue related to it and if you have the paid version of FSUIPC you can even use an option under the Miscellaneous tab called 'Use system time for flights' which will make sure any situation you load will come up with the current system time rather than the time in the saved situation file.

Richard Åsberg