Sign in to follow this  
Djembe

VoxATC 7 Beta bugs

My indexer keeps hanging at system volume info.

Left it sitting now for half hour and clicked cancel.

Ticked all planes in the panel box and started my flight, seems to be working okay now, I can talk to atc and get replies.

Will do a flight in the next couple of days to see if it works.

Will keep you posted.

I do not understand

After install the voxatc panel in all your planes the installer work?

Anyway, contact the developer. Take adventage, now he answer emails! 

Make sure you install the correct installer for your sim. There is a tab for v7 downloads with installers listed for specific simulators. I had the same issue until I made that discovery.

By the way, bugs I've noticed, include: Windows defender identifying the download as a virus, Fatal errors requiring disabling and re-enabling VOXATC, and flight services Opening a flight plan to an airport other than my destination airport. I use Active Sky 2016 and Unicom's report of airport conditions is more accurate now.

Everything installed fine for me (P3DV3.4). The only problem I've encountered so far is being told by Departure (in the middle of the USA) to switch to 'Oceanic Center'.

I've notified Tegwyn.

Petraeus

I do not understand

After install the voxatc panel in all your planes the installer work?

Anyway, contact the developer. Take adventage, now he answer emails! 

It's okay, it seems to work.

Only thing not working now is EZDOK camera and also discovered now that some of the switches in the QW RJ100 are not working.

Will need to delve deeper into this :smile:  :smile:

I thought I had a problem with the voxpop voices, as they didnt appear to work in the voices setup app, while my ivona voices did.

A system reboot after installation was apparently necessary, as after that they worked fine :) K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Must be something with your system then.

I obviously can't rule anything out myself under the circumstances.   You may be right.   But the fact that several other VoxATC tools CAN play the voices fine makes me think it's specific to the VoxATCServer app that reads back the information.   In fact, I have a new "error.log" file saved that clearly shows the app faulting during readback.  I just have nowhere to send it.    Basically the same information I sent Tegwin earlier this year before he disappeared.   I have no idea if v7 log provides any more detail to troubleshoot.    At least I can use IVONA voices very successfully with other applications.

Oh well.   Still hoping for the best on that... and a MORE FEATURED version of VoxATC -- some day.

PHIL CHIMBOLO

"Flight Simming for 40-years"

Intel Core i7 3970X 3.50GHz (OC @ 4.20GHz) | 32GB RAM | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | Four Monitors | GoFlight Pro Yoke

GoFlight TQ6 Advance Throttle | CH Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5

I get a patch from the developer that solve the problems with IA in FSX.

IA? Sorry im being dim!

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Anyone try the networked version?  Any comments would be most appreciated.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

My install *seemed* to go well, but then I got a message when starting VoxATC in P3Dv3 that the product has to be registered. I first uninstalled a registered 6.52 version I had for P3Dv2 before installing the beta. Anyone else have this problem?

This is all I got from the log file.

Log Start 09/30/2016 09:40:22

12196718 Ins Text set : This VoxATC installation requires registration, see help file.
09:40:23.0505907 Current Position = 48.5174671788004 -123.024020118716 108.615939769047

Thanks!

I just tried to run the networked version without success.

I installed as per instruction in the manual, VoxFSX on the simulator PC and VoxNetServer and Voicepop on the networked computer.

Both PC are Windows 7 professional.

When starting VoxNserver on the networked PC then the program crashes with the Windows error

"VoxATCNServer has topped working"

"A problem ................"

"............."

"Close the Program"

Using VoxATC on a networked computer was the main (only) reason to upgrade.

So that's a NoGo unless someone comes up with a solution?

Cheers

Luc

@Utexgrad: I had the same problem in FSX. Go to control panel - programs and you will see there's VoxATCP3Dv3 AND VoxATC(X) (I think) installed. Uninstall the last one, VoxATCX and you should be fine (worked for me)

Cheers,

Luc

Luc Jonckheere

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7 4790K / 4.4GHz - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO - Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 2 x Western Digital Black, 2 TB

MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti Gaming - Cooler Master V1000

Windows 7 prof/ 64b - FSX sp2 - UTX eur - GEX eur - PMDG 737NGX