Sign in to follow this  
Djembe

VoxATC 7 Beta bugs

In Beta 7, after temporary switching from ground to request opening VFR flight plan, it refuses to open VFR flight plan.

My final thoughts on the latest beta release is, that it's promising and heading in the right direction, but it has many issues to resolve before an official release is made. I'm going to stop using the beta, because it really needs much improvement to make it usable for me, but at least it didn't frustrate me! lol

My final thoughts on the latest beta release is, that it's promising and heading in the right direction, but it has many issues to resolve before an official release is made. I'm going to stop using the beta, because it really needs much improvement to make it usable for me, but at least it didn't frustrate me! lol

I'm feeling the same way here. I sent a feedback form regarding an issue I've had with the controller not recognising my communication but have yet to hear anything from the developer. So support seems to be a one way street. I'm not going to pay for this product if support is not forthcoming at the outset.

Jay

I'm posting here the message I sent on the VoxATC feedback form

I'm trying the v7 beta with some success in P3D 3.4.
However ATC keeps saying last aircraft say again and it takes about 4 or 5 replies to recognise
Any help appreciated.
Jay

Yeah, that's one of the issues I've noticed. Hopefully they will correct that and many other issues, including their very poor communication with their customers.

I'm posting here the message I sent on the VoxATC feedback form

I'm trying the v7 beta with some success in P3D 3.4.

However ATC keeps saying last aircraft say again and it takes about 4 or 5 replies to recognise

Any help appreciated.

Jay

Yes, like jkeye, don't forget to post on Voxatc feedback : 

http://voxatc.com/Home.aspx/Beta

Please provide feedback via the Contact page.

here : 

http://voxatc.com/Contact.aspx

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

I think that instead of a contact page, where you send your feedback and don't see any feedback on your feedback, keeps you guessing if anyone got the feedback!, they should have their own dedicated forum page on their website. At least you can follow the conversation and hear a response from the horses mouth. The problem with the folks at VoxATC is that they have a very poor record of non communication with their customers. Almost every successful developer out there that has put out products, have their own forum page, with the exception of those developers that have their page here at avsim. At least PMDG folks talk to us, or have moderators representing PMDG answering our questions, and that's the least VoxATC can do too. The problem is that the answers we get here, as much as good intended as they are, are just speculations on what is going on with VoxATC.

• Upvote 1

Hi all
I'm having trouble getting the UT2 bridge to work in P3D 3.4.
Has anyone had success?
Jay

Hi all

I'm having trouble getting the UT2 bridge to work in P3D 3.4.

Has anyone had success?

Jay

OK got it sorted by copying files to new directory

Jay

I did so, but I'm not sure it's the best way...

The traffic seems only to be the voxatc own's traffic

I'm using P3Dv3.4, and Runway Number Update is not updating. It scans and finds the latest runway update number with the latest AIRAC cycle, but it doesn't update. It just crashes and close down.

It's the same for me

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

Hi,

I tried to install Vox beta 7 and to use it via Network.

On the paper, this sounds promising but i have not been able to make it work.

When i launch the VoxNserver on the client PC (not the P3D one but the one where i want to use VoxATC), the soft window closes itself and i am prompted that "the program stoped working". I have sent Tegwin a message.

I also noticed that the VoxATC planes are not at the right place (already reported here on the forum). It thought this has been solved but apparently this is not implemented in the files i downloaded this morning from Vox site....

Thierry

I also noticed so far that at KMRY, Monterey Regional Airport by Orbx, airline traffic shows up inside the passenger terminal, and aircrafts are taxing through buildings.

I to had this problem at KIAD which was one of my addon airports so I decided to remove the sim and all addons and reinstall them and test after each addon was reinstalled. Everything went fine until I install MyTraffic thats when the problem started again. All the other airports were fine except KIAD. To fix this I just removed MyTraffic from the Scenery Library. I ran the sim and still had the AI traffic like normal and they were following the taxiways in the correct way.The drawback to doing this is when you have to run the VOX indexer you have to add the MyTraffic scenery back to the scenery library or you will loose all your AI until you do add it back. 

I to had this problem at KIAD which was one of my addon airports so I decided to remove the sim and all addons and reinstall them and test after each addon was reinstalled. Everything went fine until I install MyTraffic thats when the problem started again. All the other airports were fine except KIAD. To fix this I just removed MyTraffic from the Scenery Library. I ran the sim and still had the AI traffic like normal and they were following the taxiways in the correct way.The drawback to doing this is when you have to run the VOX indexer you have to add the MyTraffic scenery back to the scenery library or you will loose all your AI until you do add it back.

You could remove the afcad files (bgls) from the my traffic/scenery folder. They are meant for default airports which have few gates. Since, you have add ons airports, you won't need them.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

That's irrelevant, because as long as your addon airport is placed above any default airports, addon afcad files overrides default afcad files.

I'm getting multiple "fatal error-disable vox" now.Used some trial IVONA voices which trigger them straight away,but also with default voice.Do you need to run the indexer every time you change a voice?

Any help appreciated

Jay