Sign in to follow this  
Djembe

VoxATC 7 Beta bugs

I'm still having some issues with 7.3 when flying VFR to/from non-towered fields. First, if I'm told to contact "Utopia Radio" to open my flightplan nothing happens, no response at all. If I'm told to contact any other FSS other than Utopia Radio, then it's fine. I know that "Utopia", like "Oceanic" are just generic names if the airport in use doesn't have the appropriate frequencies, but, if you can't open your VFR flightplan then you don't get any further with Vox, you're pretty much stuck.

The second problem I'm having is while airbourne, enroute to a non-towered field, after being handed-off to approach, I am prompted to "report airfield in sight". This is being given at approx. 40 miles from the field. There are no further comms, no traffic advisories, no chatter from other AI, nothing, silence. When I respond, "airfield in sight" (at around 10 miles out), there is nothing from Vox, no additional prompts or instructions, however, the traffic advisories begin again. I have attempted to contact the destination field via unicom, and I can even sometimes get the menu prompting, "Nxxxx, XY Miles from XYZ, At XYZ feet, Landing XYZ", but this is always met with. "unavailable at this time". I have not been able to overcome this problem. This was not the case with v6. You were always told to "contact XYZ unicom, frequency change approved..." and then you switched to the destination unicom, asked for airport information, and then you were given the menu with choices for pattern entry, base, final, etc.

These 2 issues are deal-breakers for me. I can't switch to Vox7 if these issues aren't fixed. I have reported them to Tegwyn again, but no reply as of today.

Can someone please confirm that these 2 specific issues are repeatable? Or, is it just me that is having these problems?

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

My contact with the arrival tower never happens either, only tried IFR.

I also get the fatal error message when starting, sometimes, and sometimes I am asked to take off from an unsuitable runway and can not change it.

Too many bugs really, nearly there but not quite and as such not good enough.

Back to p2atc.

14 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

the ony way I believe vox will influence VAS is the amount of ai active

I discussed VAS with Tegwyn before and as far as I understand vox does not operate using any part of the sims 4Gb.

loading a saved flight for landing may be part of the cause, ive never done that.  It sounds as though vox is working fine though allocating one rw for use.

Good to know, thanks for the info!

3 hours ago, Heathrow to Dublin said:

Problem with tower on approach - no response.  Ideas welcome. 

That is one of my recurring issues. No ideas of solution here I am afraid.

45 minutes ago, john1383 said:

That is one of my recurring issues. No ideas of solution here I am afraid.

Check scenery contains an accurate tower freq;

Check scenery is active in scenery library;

Check there are no conflicting active scenery elements (ie with different tower freq)

Run indexer again

Never assume scenery devs get this data correct or even include it, and certainly dont discount scenery conflicts.

Vox will work great providing a little time is spent ensuring the data it needs is there, in my experience.. :)

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, john1383 said:

Thanks Kevin, I'll give those things a try! (If I can!)

we can help you if you struggle.  Im not discounting a vox issue but its best to evidence it by eliminating as many other possible causes as possible first! :) K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

xaP1VAU.png

5 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

we can help you if you struggle.  Im not discounting a vox issue but its best to evidence it by eliminating as many other possible causes as possible first! :) K

I agree with you, sometimes even the best looking airports have issues with them when it comes to using it with a 3rd party software. Case and point, I was flying into KMCO by T2G, and so I decided to call GSX follow me vehicle, just because I got lazy to look at the charts. Well, the follow me car met me at the runway exit, but when it was driving me back to the terminal, it decided to go cross country on me and got lost in the woods! lol... Needless to say, I went to FSDT and opened a thread, but they explained to me that AFCAD files, even with the best intention to be accurate, may not be and was the problem. So, if it can happen on the ground, it can happen in the air too with missing or wrong frequencies.

I use the copilot option for radio tuning and replies to atc.

My problem is after picking up ils and reporting established I am given the tower frequency to call up. The frequency given by atc is correct, but my copilot does not tune the radio to it so we never contact the tower. So the voxatc involvement ends.

This happens at Edinburgh EGPH and I have not tried elsewhere yet..Edinburgh is my main hub of activity so it is important for me to find the reason.

The copilot tunes the radio at the other hand -offs along the way, strange he doesn't do that one. I am using Scotflight Edinburgh scenery so I will disable it in the scenery library and re-run the indexer to see if that makes any difference.

That you are given the correct freq and the copilot tunes radios at other points does initially seem abnormal.  Testing the same procedure at different airports is a good idea.  Make sure to use the vox logging, if there's a difference it may be shown up in those? Could be useful to also try it tuning the freq manually to see if it is just the auto freq tune action that is problematic and not any other part of vox.

xaP1VAU.png

Kevin,I have tried tuning it manually but when I press the button to make the tuned frequency the "active" one, it reverts to the previous value.

Also disabling the Scotflight scenery made no difference.

1 hour ago, john1383 said:

Kevin,I have tried tuning it manually but when I press the button to make the tuned frequency the "active" one, it reverts to the previous value.

Also disabling the Scotflight scenery made no difference.

Have you created the log file from vox covering the freq change? That might highlight any problem. PM me for a email addy and send it over if youd like me to look at it?

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, kevinfirth said:

Have you created the log file from vox covering the freq change? That might highlight any problem. PM me for a email addy and send it over if youd like me to look at it?

PM on way!

I have the same problem at my airports.  I'm using all the add-ons, like t2g cdg, ft eham, aerosoft egll.  Tower doesn't respond and manual changes reverts frequency to approach (dialogue box tells me to tune in approach again).  Flight basically is over then as far as ATC is concerned.  I land without a tower.

Also, TCAS alerts.  I thought this program was conflict and traffic aware and would vector you.  I have received no vectors from a center controller and have nearly hit several planes. [

I hope you can find a solution with the log file so we can solve the issue.