Sign in to follow this  
Djembe

VoxATC 7 Beta bugs

You could remove the afcad files (bgls) from the my traffic/scenery folder. They are meant for default airports which have few gates. Since, you have add ons airports, you won't need them.

Thanks for that tip. I renamed the BGL for KIAD  and added MyTraffic back in the scenery library then run the vox indexer and it worked. I haven't intalled the addon airports yet so this was happening with the default airport but everything is good now.

Thanks for that tip. I renamed the BGL for KIAD and added MyTraffic back in the scenery library then run the vox indexer and it worked. I haven't intalled the addon airports yet so this was happening with the default airport but everything is good now.

Great, I am glad it worked.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

I get all the time "Fatal Error".

The beta is very unstable.

I will not test any more untill the developer provide a new beta with some bugs solved.

• Upvote 1

I get all the time "Fatal Error".

The beta is very unstable.

I will not test any more untill the developer provide a new beta with some bugs solved.

I also keep on getting a fatal error, messaged tegwyn asking him if needed to look at any log files to find the cause and have not got a response, that was over a week ago. Support in v6 was good, hope he responds soon.

I was getting Fatal Error messages also. I was running 6.52 with the migration tool. I did a complete uninstall of VoxATC  removing the folder on the C drive as well as the one in Appdata roaming. After installing I had fewer Fatal Errors, but have also found some locations to be more prone to Fatal Errors than others. There are still plenty of other bugs, like not being able to open a flight plan with FSS at most airports, getting handed off to Oceanic Center while flying in the Midwest, having so much chatter you can't get a word in edgewise, not getting handed off to ground after landing, not getting landing clearances at some airports etc. This is definitely betaware, by an independent, individual developer. I have found some work-arounds to these bugs and enjoy experimenting. I also think this is the best ATC program available, especially for VFR flight, and somebody's got to help this guy out. I have found that in some cases contacting FSS after airborne gives you a better connection to FSS (This is not unlike real life at some airports, you cannot get a signal until you are high enough). Also if you get stuck in a loop, proceeding to the next command in the sequence sometimes gets you out of the loop. ie. If Ground keeps telling you to contact FSS tune in to the Tower and request takeoff clearance, then contact FSS after airborne. It is definitely not ready for prime time, but these are things I've been doing to amuse myself and provide data to Tegwyn.

My second fully loaded flight was a failure with VoxAtc.    Clearance Delivery told me to stand by and never got back with me... T_T   Where is the love ATC!?

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I just had one of my most successful 7.1 flights yet! No Fatal Errors, no Oceanic Center handoffs, the prompts worked relatively well. FSS opened my flight plan (But would not close it after I arrived, so I guess search and rescue is starting to look for me). The only thing I did different is attempt to update my runways (which CTD'd after successfully running the scan) I did have my runways updated to the latest cycle in 6.52 before I uninstalled it. I believe scan removes all of the updates. After it crashed I ran the indexer. That did seem to help the program run smoother. There was one really cool update that I hope is included in the final release. I flew from a small add-on airport in Napa California, Angwin Parrett to Palo Alto, CA (another add-on airport). My route took me over Oakland International at about 5500 feet. As I was approaching the airport I was hearing a lot of traffic and when I got closer I could see planes departing and arriving. When I went over the top there were ground operations occurring as well as traffic at the gates. It was a touch I have wanted for a long time. Hopefully all this other stuff will get cleaned up. It is looking promising.

Last night I completed a full VFR flight from EGBJ Gloucestershire to EGBO Wolverhampton.

Vox generated and controlled traffic, gave accurate taxi instructions and hold shorts for both runway crossings and taxying traffic ahead.

The flight was through uncontrolled airspace.

Vox gave instructions to join overhead at EGBO and continued through the circuit to #1 to land, and taxi instructions to parking.

Seemed to go perfectly ok.

Later today, am going to do a quick zone exit and entry from/to EGGP to see if the correct handovers are given between ground, tower, approach and uncontrolled airspace...

Cheers K

I am noticing 2 consistent issues:

1. AI traffic conduct an approach then go around every time at around 150ft just prior to the threshold.

2. I appear to be only getting one a/c type generated as AI at a time?

Anyone else noticing these please?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I think I agree about the one a/c at a time being generated, although I do have the AI slider at a very small quantity, which may be causing it.

Mostly successful flight from KDEN to KBNA.   Still can't turn on AI traffic slider through Vox.  It still spawns in Bizjets only and not at their gates.   The Indexer is not indexing correctly or something.   The controllers got me from point A to point B this time but I see that annoying handoff bug i still there (or maybe that justs the way Flight simulator is).   For 5 minutes VoxATC kept handing me over to Memphis Center... then it would hand me over to memphis Center on a different frequency... then it would ask me to go back to the previous frequency then that controller will tell me to go back to the frequency I was just on... BACK AND FORTH.. NON-STOP for 5 minutes.   v6 of VoxATC did that too.    I 99% sure you do NOT get handed off to centers more than once or twice per sector... Not 15 times.     A sector controller controls a large amount of airspace, hundreds of miles in some sectors so I should not be given handoff instructions for Memphis center more than once.   Once I am on the freq I should STAY on that freq until I leave his airspace and enter Nashville airspace... unless Memphis airspace is cut up into 4 mile chunks with 20 sector controllers on 20 frequencies.  

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Cheers KI am noticing 2 consistent issues:1. AI traffic conduct an approach then go around every time at around 150ft just prior to the threshold.2. I appear to be only getting one a/c type generated as AI at a time?Anyone else noticing these please?

I am using MyTraffic 6. I have the VOXATC traffic slider at 60%. I'm seeing the My Traffic 6 aircraft (lot's of them). I see an occasional go around, but generally they land or do touch and goes.

I just had one of my most successful 7.1 flights yet! No Fatal Errors, no Oceanic Center handoffs, the prompts worked relatively well. FSS opened my flight plan (But would not close it after I arrived, so I guess search and rescue is starting to look for me). The only thing I did different is attempt to update my runways (which CTD'd after successfully running the scan) I did have my runways updated to the latest cycle in 6.52 before I uninstalled it. I believe scan removes all of the updates. After it crashed I ran the indexer. That did seem to help the program run smoother. There was one really cool update that I hope is included in the final release. I flew from a small add-on airport in Napa California, Angwin Parrett to Palo Alto, CA (another add-on airport). My route took me over Oakland International at about 5500 feet. As I was approaching the airport I was hearing a lot of traffic and when I got closer I could see planes departing and arriving. When I went over the top there were ground operations occurring as well as traffic at the gates. It was a touch I have wanted for a long time. Hopefully all this other stuff will get cleaned up. It is looking promising.

Could you please elaborate on this update?Where can I get it?

Is it the same v7 on the VoxATC site?

Jay

Yes, that is the one. It is definitely a beta, and currently does not work as well as 6.52 installed with the migration tool. So, if your looking for an improvement, I wouldn't say it is ready yet. What I reported was the first new thing I've noticed (active mid-route airports) that was not listed in the feature list. I have also seen parallel runways in use, which is a listed feature. The cost of this right now is a fair amount of bugs.

Thanks for the verification

If you buy 6.52 and install now with migration tool will you have to buy v7 again when the public release is made?

Jay

Thanks for the verification

If you buy 6.52 and install now with migration tool will you have to buy v7 again when the public release is made?

Jay

yes