jimimac

A2a rpm and airspeed gauge jerky

Hi after setting up my panel builder still have the problem of jerky gauges this improved slightly after changing the network setting from 350 down to 150 most of the other gauges are not too bad just the rpm and airspeed are quite jerky, default 172 is ok just seems to be the a2a is there anything you can do at your end, when I first ran panel builder with the origanum versions of pub and a2a I had no problems at all just seems to be with the latest updates.

Thank you Jim

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

What is your network setup? Are you using WiFi? If so, I suggest a wired connection. WiFi can have a lag, but this depends also on your setup.

Hi I don't use wifi I connect with crossover cable nothing has changed in my set up only change is new updates don't know if anything changed with updates, why is only the rpm and airspeed affected when using the a2a interface.

Thank you,Jim

After doing some more testing when using the default 172 and panel builder interface all gauges run nice and smooth but changing to the a2a and a2a interface rpm and airspeed gauges quite jerky, running a2a 172 and panel builder interface all gauges nice and smooth but obviously some gauges don't match a2a 172 gauges, so looks like there is a problem with the a2a interface i have only updated the a2a interface once since I purchased and this is when the problem started,hope you can help I'm hoping to get get my sim up and running as soon as possible.

Jim

There hasn't' been a change in the A2A C172 Interface since its release. But I'll have a look at it anyway.

By the way, we have many customers using the A2A C172 Add-On, I haven't heard of the same issue you are reporting before. I know this doesn't help you, just wanted to let you know,

Thank you, just doing some more testing made a new panel with just the rpm gauge I noticed that the a2a rpm gauge if you decrease or increase power quickly the gauge is not smooth and this is mirrored in the pub rpm gauge so this seem to be working as it should but not as smooth as when I use the simplugins interface, also when I close down fsx two message boxes appear letting me know the interface has lost connection with fsx and two interface icons appear in the task bar don't understand why looks like I will have to use a2a interface which is not so smooth or use the simplugins interface which is smooth but rpm gauge not accurate. Is it possible for me to download a older version of the a2a interface to see if this better.

Thanks for trying to help, Jim

ok thanks for your help panel builder is a good program to have it may not run as smooth as it did but that's probably down to my system .

Thanks,jim

Hi,

I'm experiencing exactly the same issue on 2.97 trial . I'm using A2A 172 with a standard SimPlugins interface (not an add-on). Most of the gauses are jerky.
Since I have tried standard and FSUIPC interface and it behaves the same, it is not caused by FSUIPC.
I haven't seen this issue on 2.96 trial. It was running super smooth before but that time my A2A was not updated as well.

please advice.

regards
M@rCZyn

Hi,

I have tried more things and actually I'm seeying this issue with fsuipc interface only. It behaves the same regardless of A2A or other aircrafts (also defaults).
When I set standard interface update interval to 50ms, it works just fine.... The same setting on fsuipc interface does not change anything however.
I'm using fsuipc 4.96 with Prepar3d v3.4.22.

regards
M@rCZyn

Don't really want to jump on the complain train here and I haven't tried setting the interval to 50ms but I have similar issues with erratic gauges.  The SimPlugin products are awesome but right now the altimeter is the worst for me.  Sometimes I get a whole 200'+ jump which is always fun if your flying a flight plan via IFR in the clouds.  I always fly the A2A172 and never the default 172 in P3D, also use the A2A FSUIPC add on instead of the standard version.  Are these issues specific to the A2A add on aircraft or sim plugins A2A software?  Or is there any way to clean up the gauges so they move smoothly instead of jumping around it gets pretty frustrating at times.  Any help would be really appreciated!

The standard and A2A FSUIPC Interfaces are the same, except the configuration files are different and the A2A uses a LUA script to send values back to FSUIPC. This add an additional layer and potentially slows things down a bit more. The default update rate of 350ms is definitely to high and a value of 50 to 100ms is much better. It should not make a huge difference but is noticeable. 

We are also working on a new fsuipc interface to make it more efficient, basically a rewrite (that is for both the standard FSUIPC and the A2A specific one). Should be done by the next version upgrade.