Sign in to follow this  
HaraldG

Annual simulator platform poll

Oh dear !

They don't do anything for FS2004 so less FS2004 users likely registered there to vote. Of course FS2004 numbers are down compared to other sims but I think there are quite a few more than polls like this demonstrate.

Mark Daniels

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/114968-mega-airport-frankfurt-v20-fs9-released/

If FS9 is to paid any development attention, it's simple.

• Buy the stuff they make us
  • Go to the polls when asked.

The above release only happened because the FS9 community makes itself visible.

Yep agreed. I recently bought  EDDF from them.  I have invested too much time and money in FS9 to consider changing.

Peter Schluter

If FS9 is to paid any development attention, it's simple.

• Buy the stuff they make us

Good point - but what if I don't need or want a particular product they produce?  Being retired and living on only my pension means that I cannot buy just to support a developer however desireable that might be for our hobby.

Dijvid

Good point - but what if I don't need or want a particular product they produce?  Being retired and living on only my pension means that I cannot buy just to support a developer however desireable that might be for our hobby.

Dijvid

I think the point he was making is that if you don't (or can't) buy a newly released FS9 product, you cannot later complain that none is being produced.

Peter Schluter

I think the point he was making is that if you don't (or can't) buy a newly released FS9 product, you cannot later complain that none is being produced.

Ah, right!

I've sometimes regretted that something I would like has not been available for FS2004 but I don't ever recall having complained about the paucity of products.

When I looked at Aerosoft's poll results earlier less than 3% were FS2004 users and Aerosoft has announced that they won't be releasing anything more for us.  We have to face the fact that we are becoming a smaller and smaller "band of brothers".  Who, starting out in our hobby today, is going to consider buying FS2004?  I think a poll on that would result in zero!

Despite all of this, though, I wouldn't be parted from my FS2004 - not at any price!

Dijvid

Oh dear !

This post was for those who were perhaps interested, so feel free to ignore it.

If Aerosoft doesn't release add-ons for FS2004 anymore, other developers still do; and I regularly buy from them - if their products are good.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

This post was for those who were perhaps interested, so feel free to ignore it.

Not sure what point you are trying to make with that post ?

I am a strong supporter of FS9 and am regularly contributing on many forums including this one. I have recently purchased the new version of EDDF, and have bought about six addon airports in the last 12 months from different vendors.

I am very interested in the results of Aerosofts poll which was the reason I replied. Perhaps you did not understand my initial reply so I shall translate:

"2.59% is not a number that will encourage any developer to put resources into FS9, unless it can be done at virtually no extra cost to them".

That means "Oh dear" in my book !

Peter Schluter

Yep agreed. I recently bought  EDDF from them.  I have invested too much time and money in FS9 to consider changing.

Me too. Plus I really don'y want to start over installing all my scenery and converting my FS9 AI textures and plans to FSX. That would take weeks!

Not sure what point you are trying to make with that post ?

Peter, it seems that I misunderstood you, indeed. I read your post thinking that the topic was marginal and not interesting for you. Thanks for your clarification, and I apologize.

Actually, knowing that the poll is not representative, I nevertheless watch it with interest, as long as there grows no "my sim is better than yours" or Bashing-FS2004 discussion. It would be interesting to have the same poll by Drzewiecki Design or TropicalSim.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg