Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Rio Grande del Norte

Rio Grande del Norte in the Land of Enchantment

Rio Grande del Norte - Land of Enchantment Tour

Starting from Alamoso in southern Colorado our route will proceed south crossing the Rio Grand river numerous times before reaching our destination of El Paso at the far west tip of Texas.

The route from Alamoso to El Paso is 447nm and an aircraft capable of 220knts should allow us to complete the flight before darkness arrives.  I will be flying the King Air 200 but as always you are free to fly what you like.  Warbirds welcome.

SangredeCristo.jpg

The flightplans for Plan-G and FSX as well as a "Pilots' Guide" can be found here.

The airports are bog standard FSX and some are on plateaus.  If you have vector corrections active some folks (like me) may appear on the upper/lower runway. 

Date and time: October 1 September 2016, 1800 UTC

Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
Multiplayer: FSX Multiplayer (IP will be provided on Teamspeak)

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet! (linked here
)

Note to Ron. Please set server time to 16:35 Local

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Jeff, I moved your entry on the spreadsheet down to your line.  I will also be flying the King Air B200.  Hopefully we don't cause any OOMs.  :Shame On You:

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Ooo! King Airs. I love to see trikes go by at 300kts. :smile:

KMVI (note to self)

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

If interested, and an addition to Jeff's excellent writeup - Las Cruces, NM (KLRU) has one of, if not the, most active EAA chapters in the US.

Local news article

Newsletter

EDIT - Cleaning up some unfinished projects 'n such for full concentration on an upcoming major one. A new utility has been linked via the spreadsheet. Whether it's useful to y'all is to be seen. I happen to use it nearly daily. At the bottom right of the sheet look for "Otto".   :P

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

A heads up... The B200 has 6-4096x4096 & 2-2048x2048 (104MB total) textures for each aircraft externally. Come Friday evening, if you want some lighter ones (all @ 1024x1024, 10.6MB total, per aircraft) PM or E-Mail me.   

A heads up... The B200 has 6-4096x4096 & 2-2048x2048 (104MB total) textures for each aircraft externally. Come Friday evening, if you want some lighter ones (all @ 1024x1024, 10.6MB total, per aircraft) PM or E-Mail me.   

Roman, thanks for pointing this out and for your very generous offer.

Having missed the deadline, this morning I've had a go at resizing the exterior textures to 1024x1024.  Links are posted for each of the three King Airs in use tonight on the MP spreadsheet.  Drop these into the texture folders for each aircraft, overwriting the existing files. :excl: REMEMBER TO BACK UP YOUR ORIGINALS FIRST!!  You didn't need me to tell you that though did you? :Tounge:

Note that these are only applicable for owners of the F1 King Air.

Awhh Nick, they are still available. Just waited until the spreadsheet was mostly populated so a single package could be made. 
BTW Stew has the link - hit him up if wanted on TS prior to firing up FS. 

Ron's Spit also has 4096 textures (x2)

Anyhow, will keep an eye out for any new pilots on the sheet and modify if necessary & will join TS prior to the flight for a bit.  

EDIT - May be a change of plans.. My sis has been giving me the wrong time for the personal event today, it's much earlier. Just may make the flight, will do it in the Turbo Mallard if I can. (On sheet

ANOTHER EDIT - NOTAM!! Ron's Entry in the spreadsheet is not the same as the download provided.

Spreadsheet = Spitfire Mk IIb PL344

Download = Spitfire Mk IIa PL344

Best way to make sure the aircraft shows up is to install the paint as instructed then make another [fltsim] entry with the following -

[fltsim.XX]
title=Spitfire Mk IIb PL344
sim=spitIIb
model=IIb
panel=
sound=
texture=PL344
kb_checklists=Spitfire_check
kb_reference=Spitfire_ref_mkii
atc_id=PL344
atc_airline=
atc_flight_number=
atc_heavy=0
ui_manufacturer=A2A Supermarine
ui_type=Spitfire Mk IIb
ui_variation=PL344
ui_typerole="Single Engine Prop"
ui_createdby="A2A Simulations Inc."
description=Repaint by Anders Fritz(Frippe), based on the A2A paintkit.
atc_id_color=0x00000000
atc_id_font=Verdana,-11,1,600,0
atc_parking_types=MIL_COMBAT
prop_anim_ratio=1.02
visual_damage=0

The link for the reduced textures is on my other 'puter.  But I have the zip file, which I think I can post on TeamSpeak, corr?

Edit to add FYI:  KSAF Santa Fe requires AEC to be disabled.

Also:  I don't apply the 1024 textures to my B200, do I?  When I do, my cockpit has no textures.  Apply the external textures only to the other B200s, correct?     :Doh:

Stew

Also: I don't apply the 1024 textures to my B200, do I? When I do, my cockpit has no textures. Apply the external textures only to the other B200s, correct? :Doh:

Stew - assuming you're using my 1024 textures from the MP spreadsheet - the .dds texture files in the downloads need to be copied into the original, existing texture folders for those paints, overwriting the original textures.  The files in the download are only the ones that needed to be reduced, there are additional files in the original folders needed for the other textures.  It sounds like you maybe just have in your texture folder the modified, reduced resolution files but not the other files from the original that didn't need modification ?

Nick,  I'm using Roman's reduced textures.  So, I just substituted them for the originals (after backups).

Stew

A month later - Need to catch up here.. Or is it ketchup? Catsup? :LMAO:  Many shots did not process well. After the vid card/SSD install my LUA screenshot script needed tweaks, which wasn't done. Still have ~90 shots & 1 movie from the Mach loop to "catsup" on.  :shok: 

Ketchup.gif?dl=0

Stew? Nick? landing at Angel Fire ( KAXX )

SS_01Oct16_132858_N36.41981_W105.2921.jp

Stew/Nick in the red/white Duke, Jeff in the MedStar B200, Ron in the overheating Spitfire & myself in the Turbo Mallard.

SS_01Oct16_134731_N36.46283_W105.66548.j

Bert on an extremely close base for 27, Albuquerque (KABQ). Remember, no left turns allowed, otherwise one might forget.  :LMAO:

SS_01Oct16_144349_N35.04588_W106.59353.j

Jeff over Los Lunas, NM as the sun starts to fade.

SS_01Oct16_145304_N34.77161_W106.6785.jp

Can feel the heat. In the NW corner of the Sevilleta National Wildlife Refuge.

SS_01Oct16_145947_N34.38358_W106.76536.j

Very Purdy. Stars coming out & a long way to go.

SS_01Oct16_152321_N33.16648_W106.51766.j