Sign in to follow this  
Dustoff

Default Airport Ground flickering

Good Day,

i try the DX 10 fixer, but now i have again DX9 in use. I have now some problems with US Default Airports, that the Ground is flickering.

Here is a picture:

http://prnt.sc/cn24qi

That is the KLAX Default Airport, i dont have any Mesh Scenery in use. This is FSX with Acceleration Pack

I cant remember that i have that problem before i try the DX10 Fixer. I have only use the uninstall function of the DX10 fixer.

Any Idea ?

King regards

Stefan

Hi Stefan, 

Is DX10 preview still ticked in FSX itself?

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

DX10 Preview must be ticked to use the DX10 Fixer.  That's the only way you can use the DX10 technology.  The flickering at default airports is why the DX10 Fixer was created.  You will not have any problems with DX10 Preview unchecked (or in DX9 mode).

Make sure you have your Steve's DX10 Fixer installed properly and configured properly. 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello Jim,

i do not have the DX10 Fixer in use anymore. I try it out but go back to DX9 Mode. The Picture was taken in DX9 Mode. And in DX9 Mode i have that problem.

My question is, is the issue because of uninstall the DX10 Fixer. That there is some setting that the uninstallation do not change?

The other question is, why is that only in North America ?

Cheers

Stefan

My question is, is the issue because of uninstall the DX10 Fixer. That there is some setting that the uninstallation do not change?
The other question is, why is that only in North America ?

It is not because of the uninstall of Steve's DX10 Fixer.  If you have DX10 Preview unticked, you are in DX9 mode only.  Steve's DX10 Fixer (and DX10 Preview) only edit your ShadersHLSL\General folder and anything with a "10" in the name of the file (i.e., general10.fx, etc.).  Make sure the Shaders10 folder no longer exists in your Username\AppData\Local\FSX.  You should just have a Shaders folder.  These folders are all temporary and you can delete the Shaders folder and it will be rebuilt when you restart FSX.

I looked at the image you provided at the link and that is indicative of a bad AFCAD for LAX.  Since it happens at many of your North American continent, I think it is your Texture resolution slider.  That slider raises or lowers elevations at airports.  If you have it turned off or the far left, it will make things really ugly in your simulator.

I did look at the image you linked to in your topic and I have seen that before many times.  It could be a bad AFCAD for the airport.  If you have MyTrafficX installed, it has almost every airport in the MyTraffic\Scenery folder so that the AI aircraft can take off and land.  If you do not have MyTraffic installed, then check your mesh resolution slider.  That raises/lowers elevations at airports.  I tried to replicate it but FSX won't allow me to change resolutions on my 34 inch monitor.  I was able to get the textures to look as bad as yours except not on the runways.  I also had FSDT KLAX and had to disable that and it seems I messed that up.

I would mess with the mesh and/or texture resolution sliders.  If the problem continues, move your fsx.cfg to a temporary folder, restart fsx and let the config be rebuilt.

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 1

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi and thx for your answer.

I dont use any AI Traffic tool. My Texture and Mesh Settings are very high. But anyware the issue is there. I try to build a compleet new FSX CFG look, the issue is gone.

It hase to do with something inside the CFG. I really wont to use my old CFG, becuase it was good for me. The question is, what can cause that issue inside my CFG...

Greetings

A tweak?  Texture_Max_Load?  LOD_Radius?  Most likely corrupted parameters in the FSX.cfg.  Glad you were able to get it fixed.  Deleting or moving your fsx.cfg to a temporary folder resolves most problems.

Submit News to AVSIM