Sign in to follow this  
eperez

CAPITAIN SIM B757 Problem adjusting speed in MCP

Hi to every one,

I have reinstalled Capitain Sim Boeing 757 over MS Flight Simulator 2004 and encountered an issue adjusting speed in MCP. Numbers doesn't scroll one by one, instead off they jump in a variable number of digits. I have been searching this problem in CS forum without any results.

Can someone help me with this?.Thanks in advance.

Ernesto.

Hi Ernesto, in the full version of FSUIPC there is a 'Fix Control Acceleration' option which cures this problem.

Hi A32xx,

Thanks for your replay.

I have selected the option in FSUIPC, but problem remaims.

Also, when I use mouse wheel to select speeds in MCP, it scrolls continuosly.

Some other solution to try?.

Thanks,

Ernesto.

If this only happens with the speed selector, maybe the autothrottle arm switch is off instead of on, or there is aconflict between the FMC speed and your manually selected speed?

Yes, it only happens with the speed selector and also with the autothtottle armed. I suspect no conflict with FMC because VNAV is off when incidence occurs.

Perhaps, may be a malfunction related with the delay that must have in the behavior of the mouse when mouse button is pressed. I mean that when the mouse button is pressed and maintained pressed a first knot must be increased and then, after a second of delay, selector must continue increasing knots continuosly till the button is released. To avoid the problem, I would have to be very fast in releasing the mouse button, and I can't do it, I'm afraid.

Do you know how to configure the panel to achieve the wanted behavior?.

Tanks in advance. 

Hi Ernesto, if your mouse has a scroll wheel you should move your cursor over the selector clickspot and scroll forward slowly to raise the speed, or scroll back slowly to lower the speed.

It doesn't work. When I move wheel, numbers don't stop moving despite wheel remain stopped. This is why I think that the problem is the mouse behaviour configuration. With the rest of controls works fine.

Hi Ernesto, you can adjust the mouse pointer and wheel properties in Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Devices and Printers. Try changing the Wheel/Vertical Scrolling setting to 1 line at a time.

I know this is a very old topic, but I have this exact problem with the 757 and the mouse using the MCP IAS/Mach speed control. If using a single mouse click, the numbers jump about 5-7 digits. If I use the mouse wheel, they go into a kind of free-fall continuous scrolling. The other controls (Altitude, heading, etc) seem to work as they should.

I see on the old captain sim forums that this issue was mentioned, but there was no answer. Obviously CS no longer support this old sim.

Is there anyone out there who knows how to address this issue?

Graeme Butler

On 9/28/2016 at 8:41 AM, A32xx said:

Hi Ernesto, in the full version of FSUIPC there is a 'Fix Control Acceleration' option which cures this problem.

Did you do this? FSUIPC3 is now free. You can give it a try.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Yes - I have FSUIPC and that setting has always been on.

Graeme Butler