Sign in to follow this  
interpreter

FS9 inoperative with Windows 10

I am still grounded - 4 months now - having been updated to Windows 10 from 7 and unable to run FS9. I have uninstalled and re-installed from my disks 8 times now in the order install, add FS9.1 update, copy no-cd to FS9.exe file. I have an icon on screen but when I click on it I am told the following files are missing

MSVCR 70.dll

MSVRCP70.dll

MFC70.dll

What am I doing wrong?

I would add that I have deleted every file and aircraft that was not part of the original FS9 disks.

How do I check that I have the latest video card updates for my computer?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Exasperated. =@

There are .dll libraries on the Net.  Have you tried to GOOGLE any of them?

You might be able to find what you are looking for, although, I can't understand that they would not have loaded in from your full CD install. But anyway...try seeing if you can track them down as stand-alone's...

Remember to run as Admin?

(That did it for me!)

My sequence was:

1. Install FS9

2. Run it

3. Install FS9.1 update

4. Run it

5. Replace the FS9.exe with the new FS9.exe (make sure it is the one for 9.1!)

6. Right-click the icon & Run it as Admin.

Good luck

Cheers,

Robin

(Cape Town, South Africa)

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Those missing .dll files are not an unusual occurrence when loading fs9.  I'm embarrassed to say I don't remember how I handled that. But I think Microsoft has a knowledge database that addresses it with a downloadable file.  Be careful when searching for solutions because most will be for paid downloads of the files needed.

I have an icon on screen but when I click on it I am told the following files are missing...

MSVCR 70.dll

MSVRCP70.dll

MFC70.dll

Do you mean...

MSVCR70.dll  (no space)

MSVCP70.dll  (no "R")

If so, those 3 files should be in your root FS9 folder, are they?

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I have now loaded FS9 exactly as Wobbie recommended and this is the result when I click on the icon (with blue yellow shield):

Yellow notice asking if I will accept thei programme etc. I click on YES

Small splash screen appears

Create Flight panel appears

Click on Cessna basic aircraft and screen goes black with wait blue circle

That's it.

I still have not mastered the comment to RUN. This appears as soon as I have installed the programme but I ignore that to add the 9.1 update and the no-cd file first. Is that correct or should I try to run before modifying the folders?

So, you are not doing steps 2, 4 & 6?

Do NOT ignore those steps. They might be the answer.

Also, run in windows mode (Alt-enter) after you have done all the steps.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

Thanks Wobbie. Uninstalled for 8th time and getting ready to re-install for 9th!  This time I will run the programme as soon as it is installed (as soon as the FS9 window says RUN) and before I load the 9.1 update and the no-cd file. I will then Alt-Enter before running. Will let you know what happens.

Best of luck :good: 

Hope you are as successful as I was, by using that sequence.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

I did exactly as you suggested but without any success. However, I have now deleted everything relating to FS9 from my computer and am going to try to load FSX which I also have as original disks. Have you any suggestions as to what I should do for this package with Windows 10 other than just load it?

I think I forgot to mention.

When it asks you  to install, do NOT tell it to install in the default C:\Program Files directory, but tell it to install into (for example) C:\Games.

Turn UAC right down, right-click the desktop icon, & 'Run as Admin"

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

Wobbie. I am having another crack at getting FS 2004 to run in Windows 10. I stripped out every conceivable FS item from my desktop and then carried out your routine exactly as recommended. I can now get to the starting pages and with the Cessna on the runway but with jerky images. The sound is fine. I then use the S key to change view but have to press ESC and then continue flying for it to take effect. When viewing from outside the aircraft the flight is normal and all flaps etc work fine. The same applies to using switches on the panel. Any ideas how I can sort out this mess of jerky images and constant use of the ESC key and Continue Flying?

Mmmm, ok, so try look for the FS9.cfg 

To make desktop searches easier, go to www.voidtools.com and download the search engine called 'Everything' 

Install it, and run it. It will take a minute or 2 to index your hard drive. Search for FS9.cfg it will take a second or 2 to find it. 

Then delete it. Run FS9 again, and it will create a new FS9.cfg

Also, maybe just bring your settings scenery sliders down a bit, especially since boats and cars. 

That should speed things up slightly. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

Wobbie. Yes I have Everything and located the FS9.cfg and removed it permitting the programme to make a new one. Just the same I am afraid. For your information, when I ran it as Adminsitrator it was worse with two panels, one above the other. I think I am close to abandoning Flight Simulator and hanging up my flying helmet. Microoift are just not interested. 

Phew! I just cannot think of anything else to do. 

It's quite strange that some people have no issues, & others have a bucket load.

If I do think of anything else, I'll drop you a line.

Cheers,

Robin

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...