Sign in to follow this  
DFWFlightOps

new computer for B77L

Uh-oh, it was a trap. Nah seriously though, hope it's just a false alarm. By now I'd be seriously thinking about commiting triple suicide.

$4400... yikes. The computer I have all priced out is something like $1800.

I sent them an email on 28th and still haven't heard back. Feeling a bit uneasy about spending $4,474 bucks now.

Call either Greg or Ken at 1-888-695-3854. If I want to talk to Greg I call about 9:15am EDT, Ken about 12:45pm EDT. Don't leave any messages. Keep trying about every five to ten minutes until you get them on the phone.

Feeling a bit uneasy about spending $4,474 bucks now.

What in the heck is that for????  You can build a complete top of the line system for half that.

Dan Downs KCRP

hey Bill,

Did you ever hear back from jetline??

Scott Redden

121 Ramp Ops, Aircraft Dispatcher, ASEL: C150, C172, PA28-160 

System: Intel I7-8700k @ 3.7Ghz, 16.0 GB, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti 

hey Bill,

Did you ever hear back from jetline??

Scott,

Yes I did. I called and spoke with Greg. A very nice gentleman btw. They've been extremely busy since July so they are behind. My system is in build, probably in testing by now. They spend a couple days or so in testing including a 16 hour flight. After talking with Greg I am very confident this will be well worth the money. Like you I'm looking at this as my final system (as I'm getting up there in years) and solely dedicated to flight sim only. I will update when the time comes.

FYI, new Intel 7000 series Kaby Lake desktop chips due out Dec-Jan. Apparently a decent increase vs the 4000 and 6000 series chips. 7700K Will be the new king.

I don't think Kaby Lake will be a big leap. All internet sites expect around 7 to 10% difference between a 6700K@4GHz and a 7700K@4,2GHz.

Not really impressing.