Sign in to follow this  
Antioch

Replacement for MS Force Feedback 2

I am looking to replace my stick - it has a very sticky handle and one button no longer works.

I quite fancy the Thrustmaster range up to a spend of £60[$80].

In particular the Hotas X which has an adjustable handle - I have a left-handed grandson.

Rgds

Antioch

I am looking to replace my stick - it has a very sticky handle and one button no longer works.

I quite fancy the Thrustmaster range up to a spend of £60[$80].

In particular the Hotas X which has an adjustable handle - I have a left-handed grandson.

Rgds

Antioch

I think it's very difficult to find another joystick to replace an MS FF2! However, before you do, why not have a shot at repairing it - take a look here: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php?topic=297141.15.

These are, apparently, replacements the hat switch buttons: http://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/Omron/B3F-3122/?qs=Pjd0UV7BHP8dd5ca38Hs9g%3d%3d. For buttons 2-8: http://www.mouser.co.uk/search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=B3F-1002virtualkey65300000virtualkey653-B3F-1002. If it's the main trigger, try: http://www.mouser.co.uk/search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=B3M-6009virtualkey65300000virtualkey653-B3M-6009.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Hi Vortex

Thanks for the links but when I watched a video clip of one being taken apart I was rather put off.

I will keep cleaning the FF2 before each use and watch out on eBay.

Have not seen a new one for a year or so.

If you're just looking for another joystick that supports force feedback along with multiple programmable buttons and HAT switches, I use a Logitech WingMan Strike Force 3.0 with Force Feedback. I just looked on Amazon, and they have several vendors with used ones that include condition ratings like "Like New", Very Good," "Good." Prices I saw ranged from about $25 to $40.

Sorry for not replying earlier - I thought this thread had died - and I dont seem to get notifications when somebody does reply.

Thanks for the info - that model is in my list of possibles.

Antioch...after my post, my Logitech Wingman Strikeforce joystick started failing to work properly and my daughter bought me the HOTAS X for Christmas. I love it. The HOTAS X does not have a force feedback vibrator, but I don't miss the force feedback mechanism at all since that is only for taxiing.

Unfortunately, personally I can't find a decent replacement for my MSFF2. There's another post I did just below yours about VKB. That might be a quality alternative, if you can live without FF.

I'm not sure I'd want that TQ from the Warthog.

Hi Simon

Sorru for very late reply.

Well it is said you pay for quality - bit beyond my reach though.

my daughter bought me the HOTAS X for Christmas.

Hi David

Sorry for such a late response - I am still not getting any email notifications - must have the wrong boxes ticked.

One of my daughters also bought me the TM Hotas X for Xmas.

At the moment I am having problems with the throttle calibration - not found anything yet in these forums about this not too uncommon problem. I was wondering if you had the same???

I shall have another try later today.

I am running FS2002 at the moment and want to get used to the new computer[built Nov 2016] before I install the Steam version of FSX.

Hi Simon

Sorru for very late reply.

Well it is said you pay for quality - bit beyond my reach though.

Some say that VKB make exceptionally good controllers for the money. So maybe think about the Gladiator for $85. It should be better than other joysticks like TM or Logitech. I dislike the WH-Joystick for it's poor quality build.

These sticks are currently unavailable in the UK and most of the retailers in Europe.

I will give it some consideration should the TM prove to be unconfigurable.

I shall probably start a new thread if I have further problems as this thread is marked solved.