Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Train Sim World?

Hmmmmmmmm.......

Train sim switching to the Unreal engine. New graphics, not backwards compatible.....

Seems that at least at first its going to be three very similar trains on a single route. That will grow, eventually of course, but.....

Hmmmmmmm.......

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I dont like dovetails train Simulator. They "update" every year and every year it has the same unfinished ui, the same bugs, the same bad descriptions/tutorials. And when you think about the addons, it is way to expensive.

• Upvote 1

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

But the unreal engine looks pretty good with it. It makes a point that if we want a new engine for flight simulator, it simply has to break all compatibility from previous addons. Its the only real way to make a giant leap forward, otherwise the old bug and limitation will always linger if people insist on keeping compatibility.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I'm signed up for the beta in December.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

But the unreal engine looks pretty good with it. It makes a point that if we want a new engine for flight simulator, it simply has to break all compatibility from previous addons. Its the only real way to make a giant leap forward, otherwise the old bug and limitation will always linger if people insist on keeping compatibility.

That's one of my takeaways as well.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

The naming seems to suggest that instead of having a base platform and adding in DLC / 3rd party content as is the norm, that they may be self-contained standalone games. As in, the first one is Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul, perhaps the next one will be Train Sim World:East London (just a random example). I doubt that's the case, but it does make cause for wondering.

I have a love / hate relationship with Train Simulator. I really want to enjoy it to the same level as my other sims - flying and racing/driving. It has all the pieces - neat machinery, neat places, potential depth. But it just feels so handicapped, like it desperately wants to be anything other than a sim.

For example: As a sim enthusiast with a liking for hardware, a willing amount of experimentation in soldering and mucking about with electronics, and a low threshold for impulse purchases, I have loads of various hardware controllers lying about. But low and behold, Train Simulator wants me to stick to a mouse and keyboard, or an X-Box controller.... You'd think it wouldn't be all that hard to recognize that people may want to assign a hardware throttle to a throttle axis in the sim.

And when you think about the addons, it is way to expensive.

Expensive compared to any other genre of gaming perhaps, but it certainly shouldn't come across as such to us flight simulator pilots. I often think that the lack of obvious distinction between developer and publisher when all software addons are sold in mainly one place with primarily only the branding of the parent sim (DTG Train Simulator) visible to the customer too easily lends the impression of "Ohh look, there's a game with thousands of dollars worth of DLC, what a rip off!".

Whereas in our flight sims, we never blame a parent company for the (many) thousands of dollars of addons being available; instead, we prefer to call it 'choice'. This difference is because we are often buying our addons from smaller, independent distributors, and we are constantly aware of the developer who created it - indeed, the name and reputation of the developer is primarily why we might buy a flight sim addon in the first place.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Hmmmmmmmm.......

Train sim switching to the Unreal engine. New graphics, not backwards compatible.....

Seems that at least at first its going to be three very similar trains on a single route. That will grow, eventually of course, but.....

Hmmmmmmm.......

This is only a Beta, and will only be publicly available for use for 12 days for those that purchase TS2017 Pioneers edition. The full release which is scheduled in the Feb 2017 time frame will probably include 3 or 4 routes like TS does now. Note Beta users do not get this for free.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

This is only a Beta, and will only be publicly available for use for 12 days for those that purchase TS2017 Pioneers edition. The full release which is scheduled in the Feb 2017 time frame will probably include 3 or 4 routes like TS does now. Note Beta users do not get this for free.

Yup, the 12 day thing and no discount towards the full version for people who buy the Pioneer Bundle strikes me as very very stingy, and will already have me frowning at the new game, feeling much less open towards it than I otherwise might have.

It better be absolutely stupendously great at that point, or people already feeling slightly ripped off might savage it in the reviews, just because of that.

Devons rig

the name and reputation of the developer is primarily why we might buy a flight sim addon in the first place.

What I wanted to say is that it is far to expensive in relations to its quality. I spent a lot of money into flightsim, but the reason for this is that I get a lot of fine work and quality for it, so there is a difference. 

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

When there is a decent UK track network available for a train simulator, I might be interested. One or two addons per year with a single 70-100 miles stretch of track is nowhere near good enough for me.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I do like the train sims. To be able to get out and walk around would be amazing. About time a sim developer got beyond the driver POV limitation. Hope the same can be done with Flight Sim someday

Matthew Kane

The one Train Sim I am looking forward too, and is close to release is Run 8 V2.

DTG might have the eye candy, and that is about it.

Run 8 has the realistic train ops and physic's. Being a fully qualified Loco Engineer, I can vouch for that :)

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

The one Train Sim I am looking forward too, and is close to release is Run 8 V2.

Thank you for that info, didnt know about it!

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020