Sign in to follow this  
Blaze

Just Flight BAC 1-11 Released

For fans of classic airliners the British Aircraft Corporation (BAC) one-eleven has just been released with a introductory price offering too.  Hope someone will provide feedback on it soon.  I had it on my watch list but have to hold for a bit longer before I can purchase.  Hope it's a success for them.

RE Thomason Jr.

Wow, thanks for the video Ben. IMO the VC graphics look almost 2004'ish with an exception to the overhead which didn't look to bad. Sort of a shame really as I felt the F-27 VC screenshots didn't do that aircraft any justice and was hoping the same here.  Audio sounded pretty good but my goodness that flap noise was about as bad as a dentist drill, realistic or not... :Black Eye:.  To be perfectly honest I was more impressed with your scenery than the aircraft itself maybe better off spending the money there?  Will wait for more reports but leaning on a pass at this point.

• Upvote 1

RE Thomason Jr.

Wow, thanks for the video Ben. IMO the VC graphics look almost 2004'ish with an exception to the overhead which didn't look to bad. Sort of a shame really as I felt the F-27 VC screenshots didn't do that aircraft any justice and was hoping the same here.  Audio sounded pretty good but my goodness that flap noise was about as bad as a dentist drill, realistic or not... :Black Eye:.  To be perfectly honest I was more impressed with your scenery than the aircraft itself maybe better off spending the money there?  Will wait for more reports but leaning on a pass at this point.

You sum up nicely my first feelings after watching the video for which I thank Ben. It shows an aged FS design, inside out. I will keep on my fond memories of the David Maltby 1-11, at that point, and pass an aircraft that I was looking forward to.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I wish I'd read this before clicking buy!  I love the 1-11 so will see what she's like.  I have to admit though I wasn't expecting miracles.  

but.. what scenery is it actually?

It's UK2000 Exeter with OLC EU, vector and FTX Global. Rex direct clouds and sky textures, AS2016, PTA with URP, erm whatever the latest one is.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Ive been waiting a long time for this but after seeing the clip I don't want it. The VC looks cartoon-ish and awful!

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

It's UK2000 Exeter with OLC EU, vector and FTX Global. Rex direct clouds and sky textures, AS2016, PTA with URP, erm whatever the latest one is.

Curious what that white cylinder type thing is sticking out from the instruments, just in front of the throttle quad?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Curious what that white cylinder type thing is sticking out from the instruments, just in front of the throttle quad?

gb.

I suppose it is the speed brake lever handle. Perspective plays a little trick.

I found that old review http://www.avsim.com/pages/0407/BAC/BAC.htm on Dave Maltby's bird that I flew a lot then... It seems that AH didn't do better than an early 2000 model, rehabbed in the mid-2000.

They remind me of the late Alphasim. They do the vintage aircraft I am interested in but the implementation is  poor or at least not up to what I expect. Exercise in frustration  :smile:  !

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I suppose it is the speed brake lever handle. Perspective plays a little trick.

Yes.

At 9:04 I can see it.

Thanks,

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Seems to be the speed brake lever. The perspective distorts the vision a bit. I was wondering the same.

Cheers

Frank

Seems to be the speed brake lever. The perspective distorts the vision a bit. I was wondering the same.

Cheers

Frank

Oups, sorry, haven't refreshed the page in a while before replying.

I found that old review http://www.avsim.com...407/BAC/BAC.htm on Dave Maltby's bird that I flew a lot then... It seems that AH didn't do better than an early 2000 model, rehabbed in the mid-2000.

They remind me of the late Alphasim. They do the vintage aircraft I am interested in but the implementation is  poor or at least not up to what I expect. Exercise in frustration  :smile:  !

I totally agree. What a pity; I had that one on my wishlist ...

Cheers

Frank

Doesnt look like anything some good texturing wouldnt fix. Now i wonder why anyone would release a model and not spend an extra 3 days getting a nice VC texture set + at least one decent livery?

Doesn't that lever operate the leading edge droops ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.