Sign in to follow this  
MattCollins

Ultimatewings 757 No VC/Lndg Gear

I'll ask here because at the QW forums, this question has been asked multiple times, but no one seems to have a clue. There have been people asking about it for months, with no official response. Trying to run QW 757 on FSX.When you start up, the plane has no VC, the main gear is missing and the spoilers and flaps are fully deployed and won't retract. I've tried every suggestion made and nothing fixes it.  Have disabled UAC, Defender and used run as administrator to install it. The FSX install is fresh. And the QW757.gau file size is only 1k.

Using Windows 10, Intel i7-4771/ and a GTX 970 video card. Anyone else had this problem that they successfully fixed?

Thanks

Matt

The .gau size is your clue.

That means something is interfering with the install of that file.  Perhaps your ant-virus protection.

A trick that might work is to run the installer, then watch the /gauges folder for the addition of a new file.  Then quickly copy that .gau file to another location.   Then when the install is complete copy it back.

You might be able to capture the file before whatever restrictions on your system disposes of it.

Its a long shot, but its worth a shot.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

You are a genius.  Appears to have done the trick. Gauge file installs at 4 meg, but when install ends, it goes to 1K. Surprised someone at precisionmanual, doesn't throw this on their board for all the people I saw with the same issue.

Thanks again,

Matt

Maybe Defender is deleting it after the install. Try adding exemptions to your FSX folder on Defender.

I'll take a look at that too. I maybe going back to & Win 7. nothing but little issues that keep cropping up.  And I meant Quality Wings, not PMDG in my previous post.

Matt