Sign in to follow this  
RXP

An Explanation Due

Reality XP offered its first avionics simulation product in March 2002, garnering a track record of offering among the most authentic and valuable Flight Simulator add-on products one can acquire, and supporting and listening to its customers. Some of you even have had the chance to fly the first RXP GNS back in 2002, and upgrade free through versions from v1 to v6 since then.

It shows in our products that RXP have always considered your feedback and criticism, both negative and positive over all these years, and that we have continuously improved our products the best we could, sometimes adding small features for only a few of you, and also by adding greater features for all of you.

Having said this, RXP is also well aware our reputation has not been as glorious as it was for the last couple years. No matter what the circumstances, some being business related, others just bad luck, and unfortunately the rest personal related, no matter that the quality of our products showed sustained and trouble-free value for years for the many of you, we are to be held accountable for the lack of support some of you have experienced.

Our oldest community friends and customers could certainly figure out this was an unusual and unaccountable situation, and I can’t stress enough how much it was. Most who know me personally or in the community must know this is a peculiar and unexpected situation, to consider we have purposely abandoned customers without a word just doesn’t add up. Sometimes the odds are against your every move no matter what, no matter how hard you fight, and I don’t think all our customers have been fairly and timely treated either and I sincerely apologize for their situation.

We were established in the add-on market for sharing our love and passion for Flight Simulator. These passions are what motivated our undertaking and they are as strong today as they were back then.

• Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

From the point of view of a potential customer who has often considered RXP's GPS offerings but never pulled the trigger, what does the above mean, exactly?

Hello,

I do have a pretty good idea what it means and I truly welcome having RXP back and strong, offering your top-of-the-line flight simulation products like you did for so many years.

I own about everything that you offer for home flight simulation.  Some of the addons are only for FS9, which I don't use any more and I also have the GNS 430 and 530 for FSX and X-Plane 32bit (which I also stopped using a while back). I, like many others, have been buying your products and enjoying them for many years.

I'm really looking forward for you to upgrade all of your products to work in P3Dv3.4 and X-Plane 10 64bit.

I know that it will be a lot of work, but it seems like RXP will be up to it now, and with good tech support too, right here on Avsim.

Naturally, I don't know the nature of the problems and challenges that you have been faced with, but I'm very glad to see that it seems you have come out on top and that's all that really matters.

Glad to have you back  :smile:

Bob

• Upvote 1

To be more specific I know that at least two third party aircraft developers who either had issues with RXP integration or gave up on it completely due to unresponsiveness from RXP. Is this something that's going to change?

I'm not knocking RXP, by the way, I bought their T- and N- gauge sets a few years ago and was very happy with them. When someone window-shops your website every few  months like I do, they're doing it because deep down they'd really like to buy...

I think you've had about all the answer you are going to get.  Jean-Luc obviously had personal issues that are probably no one else's business. Support to other developers, or its lack, certainly isn't. Buy or not at your own discretion and risk. I've used his WAAS products for years and think they are worth while since they've never needed support. The same is true of the other RXP gauges.

DJ 

• Upvote 1

If the developer can't be bothered to elaborate, then that's not exactly good sign.

We are working full time toward releasing our RXP GTN 650/750 Touch for X-Plane 64bit, and we understand this is what most people are looking at as an answer to our 'coming back'.

Each one is entitled to its own opinion but please understand at this time the OP should be enough information.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I am really glad RXP is "back in business" with new products and giving full RXP products technical support to the RXP customers here on AVSIM.

I've used his WAAS products for years and think they are worth while since they've never needed support. The same is true of the other RXP gauges.

I totally agree and I have used many RXP products over the years without the need for additional support.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW