Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Build the GPU on-board RAM and XP 10.51r/Sky Maxx Pro, will come...

....if you run XP 10.51r full out...I mean everything is at its highest possible setting, with Sky Maxx Pro, in the same config, than you DO NEED an 8 GB card, minimum...

With everything max'ed out within XP...and everything max'ed out within Sky Maxx Pro;

I have only 1,187 MB's left  in reserve on my 8 GB card.  If you have it....XP max'ed, and SMP max'ed will suck up just under 7GB's of on board, texture memory-resident. 

BTW...fabulous FPS, as the above...couldn't ask for better...

Ses

Hi   and what GPU we are talking about here ...

I have an 8GB, 1070 EVGA FTW model.

It replaced my EVGA SuperClocked GTX 680 2GB.

"if you run XP 10.51r full out...I mean everything is at its highest possible setting, with Sky Maxx Pro, in the same config, than you DO NEED an 8 GB card, minimum..."

What happens if you have less?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

What happens if you have less?

X-Plane begins to lag, terribly. I mean single-digit FPS. Or in the worst case, it crashes altogether.

X-Plane begins to lag, terribly. I mean single-digit FPS. Or in the worst case, it crashes altogether.

So far my GTX960 4GB is ok.

I will load Xplane10-51 and check how much video memory is remaining and FPS.

CPU = i7-6700k

16GB DDR4

GPU-Z shows = 3022 MB used

SkyMaxPro 1078MB of video and 11047MB of system RAM free

FPS = 29

I never Max out settings in any of my sims (FS9.1, FSX Accel, P3D v3.5, Xplane10.51)

No FPS problems, no crashes.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Do you regret not buying a 1080 ? 

I am looking  for GPU upgrade .

Not one bit.  The 1070 part was exactly what would meet my gaming needs, and the monitor resolutions (size) that I would be entertaining now, and in the future.  The 1080 was overkill.

T

So far my GTX960 4GB is ok.

I will load Xplane10-51 and check how much video memory is remaining and FPS.

CPU = i7-6700k

16GB DDR4

GPU-Z shows = 3022 MB used

SkyMaxPro 1078MB of video and 11047MB of system RAM free

FPS 

I never Max out settings in any of my sims (FS9.1, FSX Accel, P3D v3.5, Xplane10.51)

No FPS problems, no crashes.

Then your case use, and card is applicable.

For myself, I always wanted the total experience that the sim platform can deliver in features, and graphic detail, with no slider-reducing compromise.  Finally, with the Pascal based 1070, and 8 GB's of on-board graphic memory, I have achieved this, with optimum FPS.  So, then of course, the 1070 has met my simming expectations and demands full front on, and not even breaking a sweat while doing it.  A fabulous card, and graphic solution, has this turned out to be!   :hi:

I have an 8GB, 1070 EVGA FTW model.

It replaced my EVGA SuperClocked GTX 680 2GB.

Not one bit.  The 1070 part was exactly what would meet my gaming needs, and the monitor resolutions (size) that I would be entertaining now, and in the future.  The 1080 was overkill.

T

I just received my Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium today. My first impression is that you can max out things without making it sweat :wink:

As I fly low and slow a lot I prefer to have high settings (HDR, shadows, water, clouds) and therefore I would disagree to say that it is "overkill". Over NYC (with Drzewiecki Design NYC, airports and SMP) I used about 6 GB VRAM today and had around 30 fps (locked to my monitors refresh rate) and no hickups!  :wub:

And ho knows what XP 11 will bring to the table...

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

Totally agree...and that was exactly my experience as you describe, with my GTX680.  I had to run XP basically at mid slide and mid features, to get around 30+ FPS  If I even tried to run XP at the Extreme Resolution setting, (as I so much wanted to, as it makes XP look great!) I would start to herky-jerk and slide-show, as XP had to create a system RAM swap file, and back and forth, back and forth...it polled it, causing stutter and eventual sim death.

You pegged the experience.

I just received my Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium today. My first impression is that you can max out things without making it sweat :wink:

As I fly low and slow a lot I prefer to have high settings (HDR, shadows, water, clouds) and therefore I would disagree to say that it is "overkill". Over NYC (with Drzewiecki Design NYC, airports and SMP) I used about 6 GB VRAM today and had around 30 fps (locked to my monitors refresh rate) and no hickups!  :wub:

And ho knows what XP 11 will bring to the table...

When I say 'overkill'...that was only in reference to my usage requirements.  I don't intend to run my monitors over 1440x(whatever, native), so for myself, the 1080 would have not brought any more performance to the table. The difference between the 1070 and the 1080, is in the 'x' x 'x' pixel count you intend to run the card at.  For 4K gaming at Ultra settings, you actually DO need a 1080, over a 1070, to maintain 30-50+ FPS.  Yeppers!

Congrat's on your new card...it will open up HUGE doors for you within XP, and of course FSX, P3D, and FS9!  HUGE!

• Upvote 1

This is not the 10.51 update. I get the same thing happening on 10.50. It's caused either by the latest windows updates that are wracking havoc in openGL applications, or a memory leak.

jIMlClZ.png

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD