Sign in to follow this  
jagman

Approaches not displayed

David,

So you're getting "line up and wait" but no take-off clearance? Are you at the end of the runway or further down when you line up?

Does this happen at other airports or just the one? if so, which one?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray

Only at this airport.....ISD Project LIRF 2005.

As I indicated in a post that does not seem to be here I have never before come across this problem.........that

running MakeRwys did not clear the first time it was run.

At LIRF RC does not seem to know where the user AC is after "lineup and wait"

I always lineup on the centerline at the end of the runway......a real pilots habits die hard ! 

On test flights at LIRF I have randomly received T/O clearance just after takeoff.....around halfway down rwy 16R

Very odd !

Regards

David

BTW the RC heading parameter is now set at 15,,,,,,from much more than that......made no difference....

David,

Does you have the same problem with 34L? What about 09/27? Just request a change of runway in RC.

If RC is okay with those three ends it points to something weird with 16R. Maybe a displaced threshold but that shouldn't affect things. UK2000 EGCC 23L has a long taxiway before it becomes 23L but as soon as I line up I'm cleared for take-off irrespective of whether I'm on the taxiway or 23L itself.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

You should check 16R for a broken runway type taxi link. Check its start locations with ADE although that should not affect RC.

Run LIRF through ADE's fault finder.

Start ADE. Taxi your aircraft to the 16R threshold or takeoff point you are using. ai off and RC not running. Lock ADE to FS.

Does the aircraft pointer in ADE match the visual location on the runway? Make sure you are not on a runover pavement if present. I'm thinking of an alignment problem since you get the takeoff clearance halfway down the runway. Check start locations.

Although it looks clean if an ai is on the angled runup taxi area and its hold short is too close to the runway RC might see the hold short taxiing ai is on the runway. Check the range effect at the hold short.

On the ISD group LIRF I have the 16R start location is just north of the 16R threshold its range just reaching onto the threshold pavement. The cross runway does not overlap 16R as shown on the Eurocontrol airport diagram (current cycle).

Hi Ray and Ron

I have at last got a "no faults found" run on the AFX faultfinder tool so I ran MakeRws (latest version) again.

With all AI disabled I tested takeoffs and results are below,following "line up and wait" each time.

RWY 16R.....no T/O clearance on RWY......occurred AFTER T/O around 200ft AGL. 

RWY  16L,,,,,as above............this time at about 800ft AGL.

RWY   34L...........all OK....Hurrah!

RWY   34R..........RC would not offer this runway,even as an alternative ,  (34R is open for both takeoff and landing in the AFCAD)

RWY 25...............also all OK......hurrah again !

Regards to both

David

David,

I suggest you create a log for the runways where RC is not responding as you would expect and sent it with a description to JD for him to analyse.

You'll find the instructions in a pinned topic on this forum. You can terminate RC after you receive take-off clearance when airborne.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Both

Before I contact JD I have had another look at a previous post from Ron where he details the LIRF data from his R5.csv file in his FS9 folder.

Ron

I have checked the date/time in "properties of the two files you mention and they are the same.

I cannot seem to copy into here so I will try an Attachment to a PM with the LIRF

entries from my rcv4\data\r4.csv file.

Regards

David

Hi Ron

I cannot get any information to you via this site.......copy and paste does not work.......

I'm stumped !

Regards

David 

Ron

As I am unable to get any info from my setup to you I have used the r5.csv entries you kindly uploaded.

I removed my LIRF entry from my FS9\r5.csv and replaced with yours.

I will run a scenery rebuild.......test and let you know what happens.

regards

David 

Hi again Ray and Ron

I think I may have discovered what is going on with this airport....but I have no idea why,

I notice from Ron's previous post he has six entries (6 active runways ?) for LIRF.

I have 6 active runways in my LIRF AFCAD. (16C/34C is disabled   its a taxiway in the ISD LIRF scenery)

But in my FS9\r5.csv I have  eight  rows for LIRF.

I substituted Ron's six rows for my eight and ran MakeRwys again.......

Result......the previous eight rows I started with.......

Reason ( I believe)............. MakeRwys is not scanning my modified AFCAD  (six runways)

Its scanning the default airport file ......AP951170.bgl   (eight runways some in different detailed locations)

RC is working with some default   location information on some of the runways......hence the

problems I am encountering

To try and prove the wrong AFCAD is being scanned and given to RC I removed AP951170.bgl and

ran MakeRwys again.

No LIRF at all in the .csv files. (along with other airports and  runways which must also be in the AP file)

I replaced the AP.... file,ran MakeRwys again and my FS9 .csv files are back to where they started from...... eight rows......some wrong details..

Comments and advice appreciated

Regards to both

David

Hi David,

Firstly the default AFCAD - AP951170.bgl - should remain enabled. It is lower down in Scenery Library so even if it is scanned by MakeRunways its data will be replaced by that from your ISD LIRF AFCAD later on in the scan.

But in your situation it doesn't appear to be. That's odd when the airport is active and being active means it has a valid path in scenery.cfg. Out of interest what is the path? And is it in the same area as your other FS9 addon airports?

MakeRunways produces a large plain text file containing all the scenery it has scanned. I think it's called makerunways.txt and can be found in the root FS9 folder. Search it for LIRF entries. You should find the default ones but later it should find the iSD ones. My guess is it isn't finding them but I can't work out why.

After you run makerunways check the date and time of r4.csv and a4.csv in the RC4\data folder. They should be current.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Expanding on Ray's post:

For a default (stock) airport in files runways.txt (in your FS folder) there is one section for a default airport and two for an add-on. The add-on has a deletions section which while not adjacent necessarily is followed by the airport data. Search for "airport LIRF" which will get to the start of each section. The last section found has priority. The runways.txt file is huge and use either wordpad or other large text editor as notepad will not handle it.

Are you using the ISD LIRF scenery and if so what version.

Regarding AP files never remove them. They contain many airports within a defined "tile" area, not just an individual one. Some developers include an AP replacement file to get around FS scenery restrictions such as renaming certain navaid properties to update them. However if the AP is modified by different developers then they can cancel each developers modifications. Errors in AP files can produce strange artifacts such as items from one airport showing up in another airport from a different part of the world. If ISD included an AP file I'd be cautious.

Regarding copy and paste, outline text (by dragging cursor), ctrl-c to copy, then ctrl-v to paste in your response. See if that works.

ISD uses some pseudo taxiways and runways to create paths for ground vehicles and their elevated tram at least in their FS9 version. If you can give a link to the scenery (assuming it is freeware) maybe we can download it for a look.

AVSIM does not allow file attachments to posts. I have a small capacity free server space at dropbox.com where I place public access files of any type especially data and documentation. I then provide a link to them as required by using their share process such as:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0kppda24igq9si/KEWR-EGLL%20140923%201400Z%20%20UAL922.pdf?dl=0

Problem solved !

I shifted the LIRF Afcad from its default location to the usual location for Afcads......FS9\Addon Scenery\scenery.......and ran Makerunways again.

Following this my r5.csv showed six rows........!!

testing resulted in RC working correctly on all runways......except 34R which still was not "offered" for takeoff.

This is not a problem.......from my usual gate 34L is a shorter taxi and a better departure over the sea.....the better choice operationally anyway.

So there it is......for reasons unknown Makerunways was ignoring the AFCAD where ISD had put it(in the LIRF\scenery directory)

Many of my airports use a similar  location for the AFCAD.......so why Makerunways would not process the LIRF AFCAD using this location is a mystery to me...

RC was not working because it was not getting the right data.......not because of an internal problem.

Many thanks both for your help...and patience.......

Best Regards

David

David,

Glad you got the problem sorted but it shouldn't have been necessary to move the AFCAD from its old location. MakeRunways will scan all your BGLs and extract what it needs.

Anyway if it works that's fine. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

hi Ray

Clearly a "glitch" somewhere.......but then computers do that now and then.......don't they ?

Regards

David