Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

Thanks PMDG For This Important Feature

I've been doing some playing/flying/studying around with PMDG's 744 and have discovered how perfect the "save flight" and "save panel state" feature works. Currently doing a longhaul from Heathrow to Hongkong on Quantas, doing it one short flight at a time, while frequently saving both the flight and the panel. While it does take a few miles for everything to settle back in (altitude, heading, speed), the panel loads perfectly with every setting saved, no need to reload the flight plan, etc. For me this feature means the difference between 1) rarely flying the airplane, 2) starting a flight then abandoning it halfway through, 3) constantly flying short-haul between Tokyo and Osaka, or 4)really getting the most out of what I paid for. Hopefully other addon developers will include this as a routine feature (the LDS 767 has it as well).Initial reports seem to indicate that PSS 777 doesn't do "panel save" very well. Is that correct?ricardo

Guest diajohn2

The panel fix is one of the features they are going to have in their update soon. It saves much of it but there is a bug which they will fix soon.

Guest enolou

There's only one problem with the panel save ..... you need to reload all the parameters into the FMC apart from the route. I found this out on a flight to Hong Kong ... I reached the TOD and the aircraft failed to loose altitude. I had to make a steep manual descent.

Thanks also to Level-D for this feature which is working perfectly there as well. ;-)Hope we'll get more payware, capable of saving panel states in the future.No more bad mood in the evening because of a not so perfect landing. Just repeat it...Alex

I agree, this has to be one of major breakthrough features we have seen during the year.

Does the PSS 777 contain a fully functioning panel save feature? I am still considering it, but if the save feature doesn't work or isn't included, I'm not interested anymore. ricardo