Sign in to follow this  
Frank Zych

Recognition Engine not Starting

I started up Pilot2ATC this morning and  and connected to the sim, I have the "Simulator Connected" message but I don't see the Recognition Engine started.

I'm not getting any responses from ATC when I click the PITT button.

I went into windows speech recognition and everything seems to be ok. Windows recognizes my speech

Frank Zych

Mike is right.  Disconnecting and connecting usually fixes a connect that didn't complete.

Have you also tried closing and opening Pilot2ATC and then trying to connect?

How about trying the Grammar Help and see if the recognizer works in that screen.  It uses the same process to start the recognizer as the Connect button.

I assume you haven't changed anything on your system or had one of those Windows Updates happen to you. 

Let us know.

Dave

I used the Grammar Helper and it recognizes my voice. I don't believe i got any Windows in awhile

I got it to work now, I deleted the Icon on my desktop and the icon pinned to the taskbar. I then opened the Pilot2ATC folder and clicked on the application in the folder to startup and eevrything appears to be ok now,

I quess the icons on the desktop and taskbar were corrupted? Is that possible?

Frank Zych

It's possible they were pointing to a different installation that was corrupt.  I've seen that happen.

At any rate, glad you got it going again.

Dave

I am having that issue since recently, maybe the last version or the previous one. Didn't have that problem before. Connecting again usually solves it, and restarting P2A always solves it.

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2