paln16.jpg

paln17.jpg

paln18.jpg

paln19.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

Very nice - the desert has some neat vistas

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

That's how you do it right there... Orbx to Orbx through photoreal. CA lends itself well to this, due to all of the desert. I do this same flight often. Great pics, thanks for sharing.

I just purchased Orbx's Palm Springs for Orbx's Southern California (I have MSE California too) and am impressed with the scenery.  So many golf course throughout the area!  The scenery was definitely well done!  It even includes thousands (okay, maybe 100's of Windmills).  You can see many in the fourth image from the bottom.  There were even more in the valley just after you take off from Runway 31L.  Must get pretty windy there...

The images were great HLJames!

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Very nice - the desert has some neat vistas

Thanks very much for commenting......Yes because of the contrast between sandstone and igneous rock!

That's how you do it right there... Orbx to Orbx through photoreal. CA lends itself well to this, due to all of the desert. I do this same flight often. Great pics, thanks for sharing.

Appreciate the comment.....exactly...ORBX custom airports render very wide surrounding areas not just the airport and pack the airport with animations and clutter....use the same formula with VFR Generation X & UK2000 airports!

I just purchased Orbx's Palm Springs for Orbx's Southern California (I have MSE California too) and am impressed with the scenery.  So many golf course throughout the area!  The scenery was definitely well done!  It even includes thousands (okay, maybe 100's of Windmills).  You can see many in the fourth image from the bottom.  There were even more in the valley just after you take off from Runway 31L.  Must get pretty windy there...

The images were great HLJames!

Best regards,

Many thanks for comments....wind speeds can reach 60mph and those dry offshore winds are responsible the annual California fires. Palm Springs has many museums, 12000ft tram ride and near by Joshua Tree National Park!

HLJAMES

Great shots as always, HL. Reminds me that I have bought Agua Dulce a few weeks back, but haven't had the time to visit it yet  :smile:

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Great shots as always, HL. Reminds me that I have bought Agua Dulce a few weeks back, but haven't had the time to visit it yet  :smile:

Big thank you for commenting.......very nice location!

HLJAMES

Many thanks for comments....wind speeds can reach 60mph and those dry offshore winds are responsible the annual California fires. Palm Springs has many museums, 12000ft tram ride and near by Joshua Tree National Park!

Perhaps Palm Springs will not be there soon.  They are expecting a massive earthquake any day now due to activity that started last week - http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-earthquake-swarm-20160930-snap-story.html

Hope not!!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Perhaps Palm Springs will not be there soon.  They are expecting a massive earthquake any day now due to activity that started last week - http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-earthquake-swarm-20160930-snap-story.html

Hope not!!

Thanks very much.....just remember there is no such thing as solid ground!

HLJAMES

Hot damn! Superb screenshots ... again!

Hot damn! Superb screenshots ... again!

Appreciate the comment!

Please dont tell me that Jim, I bought a house in PSP last year :)

Great shots (as usual) James! thank you for sharing!

Many thanks for commenting.....PSP beautiful location!

HLJAMES