Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

800X600 Resolution question.

Guest 22L_Approach

Hello, I have a eyesight problem wich makes reading, text,monitors,guages etc vary hard. From resolution 1024x128. The only problem is, Some a/c such as the lvld 767 or pss 777 panels, look vary distorted. Would there be a way to resize panels so they will fit on a 800x600 resolution, yet not look distorted Thanks

Not really. Depends on the panel though.Sounds like you need a big monitor, so you can actuallyuse the higher resolutions and see the text. Believe it or not, I'm typing this at 1600x1200.But...I'm on a 21 inch monitor, and I use "large"fonts, which I think are "120", if I remember right.At the res I'm at, 1078 to 1600, depending on needs,those "large" fonts don't look large, just normal..:/Many panels aren't worth a hoot at 800x600. In thosecases, it's cuz the panel was designed for a much higher res. Since I changed my video, I've been runningthe sim at 1600x1200. Lately I've been using the largedesktop cuz I keep a TV picture going while I putz with stuff like this...At 1600, I can watch TV, but stillhave plenty of room for this web page, typing, etc..MK

Guest 22L_Approach

Could I resize the panel BMP to 800x600? Would that make it better?

Guest Kobie1244

You could try it... just back up the original file before your edit it.Kobie :-wave

Resizing a detailed panel that was designed at 1024x768 to 800x600 will cause you to lose a lot of detail, no matter how you do the conversion.On a flat panel monitor this will be even more evident than on a CRT monitor. What kind and what size monitor are you using?I would agree with the previous poster that displaying FS on a bigger monitor will more likely give you the detail you want.Some aircraft also have bigger gauges as part of their panel which might help... the default Mooney is an example.

Bert