Is it me or does the water in p3d v3 look worse than fsx no matter what i use rex or the original water it looks crap to me.

Alexander Shepherd

Is it me or does the water in p3d v3 look worse than fsx no matter what i use rex or the original water it looks crap to me.

try using pta,you can adjust the water settings with it

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

that's a P3D Tweek Assistant  for those like me, that have a hard time, the way people throw abbreviations around in this forum.  I had to look it up.

No matter what you do..There is not a chance you can get it to look like FSX Water... IMO, you would be better off using P3D's default water and water animation. Do not use REX water or REX Water animation in P3D. IMO, they make it worse. REX was awesome for FSX. But as it is today, it does not  help P3D Water. JMO.

To make the water look good at the surface, they LM sacrificed the water at altitude. So for sea plane and landing on water, P3D is good, but above 5K feet, if there is no sun reflection, it sucks.

"Triton" is something LM used for P3D which may have enhanced water at the surface level.. I wish there was a setting choice we had whether to use this or not at time of install ... so we could have the  FSX water instead.

​This is a flight sim..not a boat simulator ...For the small segment of sea plane flyers, they killed the water for the vast majority of space on the earth surface.

What is Triton?

http://sundog-soft.com/features/ocean-and-water-rendering-with-triton/

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

i personally think the water looks bad at the surface aswell the main problem i have is i can't make the water texture darker it is far to light.

Alexander Shepherd

i personally think the water looks bad at the surface aswell the main problem i have is i can't make the water texture darker it is far to light.

You can tweak the water to look like this in P3Dv3

2016_9_30_23_2_54_498.jpg

• Upvote 1

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

yeh how did you get it like that.

i have downloaded pta but don't have a clue what to do can you post your settings please.

Alexander Shepherd

yeh how did you get it like that.

i have downloaded pta but don't have a clue what to do can you post your settings please.

First Download this and apply the preset,

http://www.avsim.com/topic/495511-ultimate-realism-pack-v095/

Then change this setting to the number I have and click apply preset again,you can adjust it higher or lower. I also turned water down from Ultra to high now that Rex seems to have water textures working

Untitled56456.jpg

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

what is the setting you have i can't seem to read it.

I have it at .28

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

what are your settings in p3d aswell as the water still seems to light.

Im using set 05 from Rex4,my settings in p3dv3 are as follows, water quality high, 1.30 HDR brightness,0.15 bloom,and 1.10 saturation.

In PTA my water settings are. Make sure your water settings in pta are the same as mine,also I'm using rex waves set 3Untitled56456.jpg

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.