Sign in to follow this  
N11369

AS16 not depicting hurricane Matthew

Hello, 

Just wondering if any of you are also having trouble depicting hurricanes using AS16?  I have the option selected to depict hurricanes but to no avail. All other features work fine, just can't find hurricanes.   

Thank you,

David Russell

David Russell

Commercial Pilot

Airplane Single Engine Land Instrument Airplane

I have ASN and its not downloading any active Hurricane weather also.

Don

System Intel core I9-10900.Asus prime Z490P motherboard, Corsair 32gb ddr4 dram, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD and 1 TB Seagate Barracuda HD. Zotac GE force RTX 2080 Super  750 Watt power supply, Windows 10 Pro, Honeycomb yoke and Bravo,Thrustmaster pedals

AS16 has some definite bugs, some acknowledged, some not. One they admit is the fact that thunderstorm cells do not display correctly. If they don't have that right, seriously doubt the hurricane will even display. Personally, I hope the new REX products come along ASAP.

Eric 

Waiting in think for the new REX to get the textures and engine.

spacer.png

The hurricane issue is being looked at by Hifi. You can read more about this on a thread in their official forum.

Thanks all for the feedback.  Thought it might of been just my machine.  I'll take a look Hifi's forum as well.

David Russell

Commercial Pilot

Thanks all for the feedback.  Thought it might of been just my machine.  I'll take a look Hifi's forum as well.

Try the latest hot fix 6118, just came out in the last few hours. I think they've got it!

• Upvote 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Yeppers! The hot fix did the trick! Thanks for the heads up!

David Russell

Commercial Pilot

Sometimes older is better... :smile:

I've been flying in and out of Hurricane Matthew all morning with Active Sky Evolution...that supports both FSX and FS2004... :wink:

Randy

Anyone try to fly into the eye of Hurricane Matthew with AS16 and ASCA? The eye is pretty small and the hurricane seems to be built up by arranged thunderstorm clouds. But the winds, turbulence and wind shear are impressive. I can't say realistic, because I have no idea what that means.

Happy to report Hurricane fix has done the trick here also

Don

System Intel core I9-10900.Asus prime Z490P motherboard, Corsair 32gb ddr4 dram, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD and 1 TB Seagate Barracuda HD. Zotac GE force RTX 2080 Super  750 Watt power supply, Windows 10 Pro, Honeycomb yoke and Bravo,Thrustmaster pedals

If you want to see something spectacular - fly to the area with the high winds/waves and get down close to the water. Have your P3D water at least at medium. BIG whitecaps and rolling waves - scared the you know what out of me!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors